Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stupid Firefox!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

IE was available for Mac. It hasn't been since v5.5, though. There was even work on a UNIX version of IE at one point (Microsoft very carefully avoided mentioning the L word in their description of the platforms on which it would run, but I suspect it would support Linux too), but I've never found a version, and I don't know if they ever got around to a release.
    He just wants to make money, like all corporations...
    Its why i favor open source development and creative commons/gnu type licences.
    Corporations and open-source/Free software aren't mutually exclusive... have a look at RedHat for an example of a large company that's done very well indeed out of Free software.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Well if you were a buisness man what would you want most
    (for those of you who can't answer the "equation" it's money ...)

Thanks

its spelt buSIness but I am a businessman, even though its as a webmaster, but I am not among the greedy Gates type.

I agree though, money does drive the world, it just happens that it drives us differently ... eg (Gates, Anna Nicole)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcbrainbuster View Post
    Well if you were a buisness man what would you want most
    (for those of you who can't answer the "equation" it's money ...)
    People being satisfied of the products being bought.

Example:

USER + GOOD PRODUCT = HAPPY USER
    COMPANY + HAPPY USER = MORE CHANCE OF USER BUYING PRODUCT AGAIN
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's the traditional way of doing business, yup.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pcbrainbuster View Post
    Well if I had to choose three of the best browsers they would be -

Netscape Navigator,
    FireFox,
    Internet Explorer,

These of course are my opinions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterskinnie View Post
    I would agree on firefox and netscape. ie is just trying to keep people from using the better browsers. As far as opera, i'll try it and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mburt View Post
    I try to stay away from navigator... I like FF because the extensions and customizability (a word?). I use IE only for testing purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxertrumps View Post
    Same here.
    i have FF and the settings saved in my folder at school.
    Same thing with gridwars and winamp...
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_support View Post
    Netscape uses the Internet Explorer/FireFox rendering engine anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxertrumps View Post
    IE uses a mosaic rendering engine, mozzilla uses gecko.
    netscape was based off mosaic for a while but has recently switched over to mozzilla, then firefox, and now i beleive its an origanal rendering engine...
    I advise most computer users to stay away from Netscape Navigator. I have it and use it to test JavaScripts. (Since Netscape thought of JavaScript in the first place.) However, in the latest version, version 8, Netscape included WeatherBug in Netscape Navigator. Netscape mightn't have known this, but WeatherBug is actually some Trojan horse I can't remember the name of.

The only reason I know any of this is that, when I was installing Netsape Navigator 8, I was watching the installation process when my computer said (in a familiar (spelling?) voice) "A Trojan horse has been detected." Being used to the feel of avast!, I immediately clicked 'Move to Chest' in the avast! alert box. If I didn't have avast!, I don't know what would have happened.

P.S. To clean up the Mosaic story, people started calling Mosaic Mozilla, then...

See more:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape