Thread: Resizing the enlarged image for BIG images

Thanks

Default Resizing the enlarged image for BIG images

1) Script Title:
    Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: This issue occurs on the various Image viewers I've tried on DD but I'll use the above image viewer as the reference.
    I have no trouble getting the viewers to work and I can size the small thumbnails without issue. But the enlarged images always consume the entire window and force scrolling to the right and down to see the entire image. I do use big images (1600x800 typically) as that's what my digital cameras are producing. Some are wide screen as well.
    I just can't seem to determine how to reduce the images down to more manageable sizes without having to shrink them to 800x600 using a tool like Windows MS Photo Editor. How can I control the enlarged imaged sizes?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

You shouldn't control them, you should resize them and optimize them to fit on the screen and lower storage and bandwidth byte load.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks John,
    That does make sense. I was trying to avoid the work of resizing a few hundred images.
    The Image Optimizer tool has a 300Kb limit. Is there some other mass resizer tool you know of?

k.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I use image optimizer pro (xat.com - free trial) but, there are many bulk resizing programs available, some free. Many programs like Paint Shop and Photoshop will do bulk resizing. You shouldn't stop at resizing though so, a good image optimization program is handy.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate