Thread: BB codes

Thanks

Default BB codes

Somebody can give me idea how to edit bbcodes. I have recently added phpbb forum scrip in my page. I want to make some changes in the posting of forums. like adding embadded player. How to do that? please give me some idea.

Thanks

Forums are very hard to modify in scale.

There's a lot of code, and it's usually quite complex and in several chunks or even seperate pages/scripts.

Just look through it, track it through the various if statements and such, then find where the code is to actually handle parsing the codes. Then add your new code.

But... an embedded player may sound easy, but it's quite complex. How many values would need to be passed to it? Just a url for the clip? Or more? Height? Width?

Also take into account that there would be the unrelated task of adding this to the posting window, even javascript. I can't remember if phpBB has helpful javascript to create the code for you, but you might need/want to add this as well, or at least a note somewhere that it's possible.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks a lot for reply. Actully the new version of phpbb allows you to replace some codes with your own one like as you can see here are many posting option while posting a post. The phpbb tutorial told me that i can add more option other than pre existing options. I don't need to make change in the code file(that's what tutorial told me). But I am unable to understand how to do that. so asking for some help here

Thanks

That sounds like a nice option for it to have, but I'm not familiar with phpBB in particular so I can't really suggest anything.

The best option with a specific question is to go directly to the creator(s) of that product, so in this case, I'd suggest visiting the help forums for phpBB, which must exist.

By the way, for some info on how this stuff works, generally, it might be helpful to view this--
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17549
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I believe there is an option in the administration panel (of the phpBB software) that allows you to do this (similar to that of vBulletin). Then again, it has been a while since I messed with phpBB, so if you cannot find it in there, go with what djr33 posted above:

The best option with a specific question is to go directly to the creator(s) of that product, so in this case, I'd suggest visiting the help forums for phpBB, which must exist.
    Hope this helps
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

That sounds like a nice option for it to have, but I'm not familiar with phpBB in particular so I can't really suggest anything.

By the way, for some info on how this stuff works, generally, it might be helpful to view this--
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17549
    Thanks a ton for this useful link. It will help me for sure