I have the following page (which happens to be part of the april fools joke for my game) and the javascript for the page works fine in FF but it causes IE to crash.

The point of the javascript, as most may know, is to switch the input field with another input field when the user clicks on the form button. Then, when the user removes their mouse from the td, the previous input field returns returns. (Or if the player clicks the button, it submits the form)

Now the problem: As stated, it works fine in FF (except for a form problem, but that is not a serious problem); however, in IE, the script causes IE to crash.

I am very new to javascript, and I actually never really use javascript. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Code:
<?php
	$pageName = 'Bonus';
	include 'connect.php';
	include 'top.php';
	include 'navtop.php';
	include 'require_login.php';
	if ($row['player'] > 1)
	{
?>
	<script type="text/javascript">
		function kill()
		{
			document.getElementById("1").innerHTML = "<input type = 'submit' name = 'kill' value= 'Kill All Your Soldiers' />";
		}
		function bonus()
		{
			document.getElementById("1").innerHTML = "<input type = 'submit' value= 'Click For 1,000,000,000 Drachmas' />";
		}
	</script>
	<form action= "bonus.php" method="post">
	<table width = "100%">
		<tr><td class = "up">Bonus Money</td></tr>
		<tr><td></td></tr>
		<tr><td><b>READ CAREFULLY</b>: Click the following link to receive a bonus of <b>1,000,000,000</b> drachmas. 
		You must javascript enabled or else you will not receive the bonus, and you must press the button down one 
		and then click again to receive a bonus.
		</td></tr>
		<tr><td id = "1" onClick="kill();return true;" onMouseOut="bonus();return true;"><input type = 'submit' value= 'Click For 1,000,000,000 Drachmas' /></td></tr>
		<tr><td></td></tr>

<?php 
	}
	if (isset($_POST['kill'])) echo '<tr><td><b>You just killed your soldiers, you sick, sick person.</b></td></tr><tr><td></td></tr>';
	echo '</table></form>';
	include 'footer.php';
?>