Thread: Omnislide Onclick Events for Sliding In and Out?

Thanks

Default Omnislide Onclick Events for Sliding In and Out?

Script Title: Omni Slide Menu

Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...lide/index.htm

Hi,

First of all, great script! I am trying to get Omnislide to slide in and out with onclick events instead of mouseover & mouseout events. I found some code on the Dynamic-FX menu that jscheuer1 posted in order to make it possible with that menu:

var dFlag=0
    function moveMenu(){
    if (dFlag==0){
    dFlag=1;
    moveOut()
    }
    else{
    dFlag=0;
    moveBack()
    }
    }

function buildMenu() {
    if (IE||NS6) {document.write('<DIV ID="basessm" style="visibility:hidden;Position : Absolute ;Left : '+XOffset+'px ;Top : '+YOffset+'px ;Z-Index : 20;width:'+(menuWidth+barWidth+10)+'px"><DIV ID="thessm" style="Position : Absolute ;Left : '+(-menuWidth)+'px ;Top : 0 ;Z-Index : 20;" onclick="moveMenu()" onclick="moveMenu()">')}
    The above code worked great in the Dynamic-FX menu. It only opens and closes when it is clicked. I tried something similar to this code in the Omnislide's mmenu.js file around Line 278 where it has the following:

var tb='<div id="'+o.id+'" onmouseover="movein(this);" onmouseout="moveout(this);"><div><table>\n';
    tb+=o.menupos=='right'? make_bar(o) : '';

It seems like I get ONE onclick event (i.e. onclick="movein(this)) to work which slides the menu out, but the second onclick event doesn't trigger and the menu is "stuck" open. Even when I create a function with if statements like the Dynamic-Fx example above. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

You would have to do a similar thing to what was done with the other code. That is add a function:

Code:
    function MoveMenu(obj){
    if(!obj.dFlag){
    movein(obj);
    obj.dFlag=1;
    }
    else {
    moveout(obj);
    obj.dFlag=0;
    }
    }
    Then you could change it to:

Code:
    var tb='<div id="'+o.id+'" onclick="MoveMenu(this);"><div><table>\n';
    tb+=o.menupos=='right'? make_bar(o) : '';
    Untested.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Talking Thanks!

John,

I racked my brain all lastnite trying to get this to work when I probably should have written you sooner! I guess I try so hard to figure things out first, before bugging anyone else. Anyway, works like a charm now! I can't thank you enough. I've read many of your posts on here and you are like a javascript God in my book! Thanks again!