Advanced Search

Thread: Procedure for Installation

Thanks

Post Procedure for Installation

Hey guys, I recently reblast my pc because of some hardware issue lately. Any way I want to install a apache on my local drive, I already had the installer from php.com, along my installation i had to select which web server should i install, that will be the first which is which server should I install?Apache or IIS to my XP pro, I mean which is the best you recomend. Next Some Instance i install Apache CGI from the list after installation I've noticed that folder created in my program files was a single text file, What wrong on my installation?

Can some one give me some direction?I'm lost, kinda...please

Thanks

First of all you can install both web servers (IIS & Apache) in your machine (of course on different ports) that will give you the freedom for developing in more than one technology (if it is required).

If you need to work only with PHP then I would suggest installing Apache rather than IIS (It does support PHP).

Instead of using different packages of PHP, Apache & MySQL you can download and insall XAMPP which ties all the above mentioned items together and provides a very simple installation procedure.

Thanks

I'll try this one..but i had some searches on google, do you know DEV PHP?just like DEV++ UI..is this application suitable for a php quick start for me>?

Thanks

I haven't used Dev PHP as my IDE I use Zend Development Environment for my PHP developments. Have a look at the following where you can find reviews of PHP Editors (including freewares).

http://www.php-editors.com/result.php

Thanks

did add would help me?i currently loading it up

Thanks

hey how could i display my page. I had some test pages just a simple display on browser but it won't display, what's the problem with it?