Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What program should i use to create my website?

Thanks

Default What program should i use to create my website?

what program should i use to make my website?

Mario123

Thanks

Don't use a program to "create" your website. Learn how to do website programming . Honestly though. If you use FrontPage or Dreamweaver, or anything you'll never be able to get the exact results you want. They also often produce invalid markup, and useless code. Use Notepad
    - Mike

Thanks

okay.. thnx

Thanks

There are several free software packages that are FAR superior to notepad, although it will work. Try Crimson Editor ( http://www.crimsoneditor.com/ ) or, something that has a few more bells, PSPad Editor ( http://www.pspad.com/en/ ) I use Crimson Editor almost exclusively. They both reload all open files on loading the application automatically, making it easy to continue from where you were. Both keep backup copies of changes so you can go backwards to correct a test that doesn't work. I'm sure you can find others as well.

With either of these editors, I can have several pages open at one time, making it easier to compare code, copy and paste, review, etc., define projects, convert CSS to inline or separate files,test run pages as HTML etc.

Forgot to mention that PSPad Editor has a Regex editor built in.
    Last edited by Strangeplant; 03-05-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention.....

Thanks

he doesnt mean make the pages... he means make the website...

which i keep explaining to him he needs a domain and a server and he doesnt understand what they are
    http://www.insanecombat.com << bored? check out ma game

Thanks

Just to put my two cents in: I use cjgExplorerPro. I have been using it since I started website coding and am beginning to move on from it a bit, but I have found it to be an awesome place to start. The author has since made it free and stopped updating, but it is pretty nice.

Thanks

I would suggest what Mike had suggested instead of using some Web Authoring tools like DreaWeaver, FrontPage, etc you can learn how to develop a website from scratch; I mean using a simple text editor and HTML to start with.

Once you start developing web pages in HTML you can learn CSS (and how important it is nowadays) then JavaScript. By this time I am pretty sure that you'll have a correct idea about how a website works and can start learning a server-side tool like PHP, ASP.NET, etc.

Thanks

I disagree. Dreamweaver is great to start web design, and if you start with NotePad, you'll (might) get so scared that you might never try web design again.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

I agree with codeexploiter do it the basic. used notepad for your start or for more colorfull notepad++ for you. and learn it by scratch, you had to know it by scratch.

Thanks

I use dreamweaver. I turned out fine... LOL. But i do say, NEVER use the "design" feature for actual design. Use the code feature. That is the only way to get the results you really want! I also use the "application" feature to right quick-and-easy PHP applications (logins, db retrieval stuff etc...)