• Windows XP

33 86.84%
  • Windows Vista

5 13.16%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Windows XP Vs. Vista

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And if you don't rely on Windows software, Get a MAC, or Ubuntu (Linux).
    Even if you do, I would recommend using some form of UNIX-like OS, especially if you're a developer. Virtual machines can help a lot here — I've had some success with VirtualBox. If you need the full power of the underlying machine (i.e. that Windows software on which you rely means 'games' [but note too that Wine's support for games is excellent nowadays; some people say it runs faster than Windows]) you can use a *nix VM within Windows; otherwise, you can do it vice versa — I have my mother's computer set up like this, since she's taking a college course that requires MS Office.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franais | entiendo espaol | ti t hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Another vote for XP.It actually works. Vista will just hog all memory and cause compatibility problems in the long run as it is not a very succesfull operating system.And most businesses and universties etc use XP as standard.

Thanks

I tried Vista on one of our PC's for 2 months and just couldn't get used to it so took it off again in favour of XP professional.

Thanks

for now i would stick to xp because not all hardware such as webcams, video capture devices, sound cards and other stuff that you can plug into a computer works with vista yet.

edit: and vista is always asking you if you really want to do what you just clicked on.
    Last edited by josephtaylor1995; 04-05-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: just remembered about it

Thanks

I don't think vista will stay for long time

John
    Last edited by Twey; 04-08-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Advertising signature.

Thanks

Hi friends,Im a very satisfied user of Microsoft Vista and Im using Ultimate edition. I heard this scream before from many people that Vista is a sad OS and its the worst from Microsoft. I just thought of having a try, installed Vista ultimate and Im using it for almost 10 months now.First of all, Im very much satisfied with Vista because its very very easy to use and a very friendly operating system.