Thread: Page Scroller (aka Custom Scrollbar)

Thanks

Default Page Scroller (aka Custom Scrollbar)

Page Scroller (aka Custom Scrollbar)
    http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/pagescroller.htm

this scripts works great. However it doesn't work properly when it is used in an iFrame. The page will scroll up and down like expected, however when it reaches the bottom of the page it doesnt stop and keeps scrolling infinitely. I'd like to have it know where the bottom is when its an iFrame. Is there a quick solution?

Thanks

no one knows? DD doesnt even list an email for me to contact. they tell me to ask in the forum that know one replies to.

Thanks

Woah, woah!

You only asked yesterday, and this is the first time I've seen the thread. You should expect to wait up to a week for a response.

Have you got a link to a page with an example of the problem on it?

cr3ative
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies

Thanks

hah. sorry bout that. im just used to other forums with so much traffic that i get answered really fast.

well anyways, here is the page: http://students.washington.edu/ptn/pialphaphi
    its an incomplete site im making for a frat at my university.

after you go to the site click on the "history" section. i put the script in there. it scrolls up and down fine, but it never stops scrolling down... even past the end of the page. if the page was in a browser window by itself (not an iframe) it works fine. i was thinking there was some simple script editing to make it work, but hopefully it isnt to complicated.

Thanks

so? here i go again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmmm I don't see an iframe nor the script after clicking "History." But it should be noted what you're asking is a script customization, so help can only come as time permits on such questions. I can see a few problems with this script working correctly inside an iframe, as it wasn't designed for this, but merely, a regular web page...

Thanks

I have recently removed the script because the site owner requested it, but its not hard to visualize its behavior. It doesnt stop scrolling down. Its like theres an infinite amount of empty space below the end of the page.

But you've said this wasnt designed for an iFrame, so I guess that is that. I didnt know i could ask for script customization, but since you mentioned it, yes im asking for that. if someone could help me with the script - i would appreciate it.