Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird?

Thanks

Default Weird?

My one site, flamehtmlstudios.com, had some iFrame thing at the end of the code (after the </html>) that was obviously spam because Norton picked up an intruder as soon as the page loaded. It wasn't in the original page, so I reuploaded it and it's gone now.
    Weird?

To make matters weirder, my other site isn't even working. alexjewell.com - Nothing on that server is working. Problem loading page! I also can't connect via FTP to it.

This is so messed up!
    Thou com'st in such a questionable shape
    Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 4

Thanks

FYI: This is the wrong forum to post this kind of thread in (just for future reference).

The alexjewell.com issue seems to be that the server is down. I can't ping them, or connect to them whatsoever. As far as the first thing in your post, I didn't notice anything in there that seemed odd (as far as the iframe thing.)

Thanks

Testing, I couldn't figure out which forum to post it in. I decided upon the lounge, because it looked safe. Haha. It's not really a coding issue, you know?

Anyway, as I stated above, I reuploaded index.php and the code disappeared. What I found strange was that it was there in the first place!
    Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 4

Thanks

Could have been a hacker attack on your server, I have had that before on some of my other "less secured" servers.

Also,

I decided upon the lounge, because it looked safe
    This isn't the lounge, it is the Feedback and Annoucements forum. That's why I posted the FYI thing.

Thanks

Why would someone take time to hack my sites? What would they gain? It's not like I get much traffic or anything. Should I change my username and password?

Also, why would the server be down?
    Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 4

Thanks

The server could be down for many reasons. ISP problems, server maintenance (spelling?), etc. As far as the hacking of the site, it could be just that it was somebody messing around with a new toy or something and just hacked the server (and all the sites on it). Then again, it might not have been a hacking attempt. These are just a few items.

Thanks

Alright. Thanks.

I hope it comes back up soon. This is driving me crazy.
    Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 4

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Who's your web host Alex? The iframe injection you just described is definitely a successful hacking of your server. Basically the hacker injects an iframe on your site that loads a malicious page that attempts to steal passwords or other illegal activities using exploits in browsers (such as IE). By injecting an iframe and serving up the malicious page that way, most visitors won't even know what's going on.

I'd contact your host immediately and tell them that your server has been compromised, and be descriptive on what exactly happened. I think any competent web host will immediately know of the iframe hack. Usually it's caused by some insecure module on your server, such as within cPanel I believe. Either way, you got to act, as you're putting your visitors at risk.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Spyware can also be responsible for this sort of thing. You should probably have tested the site on another computer to check if the iframe still appeared.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I use ucvhost (www.ucvhost.com)

I was going to, but they weren't online last night and they don't give a phone number for shared hosting. You have to have dedicated hosting to be able to call them.
    Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 4