Thread: looking for......

Thanks

Question looking for......

I am looking for a script that will allow visitors to hover their mouse over a link on my page and see a preview of the linked page in a small window that only shows when mouse is hovered over the link.

does such a thing exist? i am currently using one from snap.com but i was hoping the dd would have a better one

Thanks

You could probably just modify a tooltip script and have it call the screenshot image. Try this script and try modifying it to suit your needs. The only thing is that you would need a screenshot of all the links you want this to appear for.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, there is a plug and play service that does this. Whether or not you want to is another question. Here you go: Snap.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guapakitty View Post
    does such a thing exist? i am currently using one from snap.com but i was hoping the dd would have a better one

ty for replies...but to last reply ...i quoted my own post because i am already using snap

Thanks

thanks very much

Thanks

You could also do a search for "Screenshot of Website" in the DD Forums. I believe there are a couple of websites that you could take a look at to get some screenshots into a tooltip via AJAX.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah yes sorry guapakitty, overlooked that part of your post. Well, Snap.com probably is the best that I know of, since they have a dedicated crawler for taking snapshots of webpages. The only other script I know of (not service like Snap) uses Alexa: http://lab.arc90.com/2006/07/link_thumbnail.php . The quality of the thumbnails and freshness is below that of Snap though.