Advanced Search

Thread: trouble with text in animated gifs in ImageReady

Thanks

Default trouble with text in animated gifs in ImageReady

Hello. I have been trying to make an animated gif using Adobe ImageReady CS2 and I've been having trouble. I opened a .mov that I wished to make an animated gif out of, but I can't seem to place text on just certain frames. Everytime I type it in, it automatically puts it on every frame. When I really want it on the last few frames. The text always starts with the first frame and can go to 1-2, 1-13 and etc.. but won't start the text anywhere else. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks

Don't use ImageReady. Use GIMP.

Hint: For using GIMP, just put the different frames as different layers, go to the Layers area and change the layer comments to include (###ms), changing the ### to the number of milliseconds delay on the frame. Then, save as a GIF and click on "Animate". That should work. Otherwise, just look at the conviently placed tutorials on thier website.
    Last edited by Shotgun Ninja; 02-20-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks

Happy?

Thanks

I love photoshop. But I hate imageready. It has never made sense, and has a ton of weird settings/defaults/etc.
    For that reason...
    1. I recommend a different program. GIMP or any other freeware gif animator would do. There are plenty out there.
    2. I can't tell you how to do it using imageready.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Well, at least now I know that something I did was helpful.