Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System restart

Thanks

Default System restart

My system restarts itself after just logging in and thereaftere it runs smooth. I don't feel any problem. I have just re-intalled the window yesterday. I was thinking this problem will stop occouring when I will re-install the window. But still it is coming. Microsoft says there is no soloution for this problem. Some idea why it is still coming to me when i have re installed the window.

Thanks

Which is your operating system, you haven't mentioned its name like Windows NT/2000/XP/ME, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codeexploiter View Post
    Which is your operating system, you haven't mentioned its name like Windows NT/2000/XP/ME, etc.
    I am using windows xp service pack 3. my system configuration is as follows
    celeron 2.0
    256 MB ram
    40 GB hard disk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vaibhav24in View Post
    Microsoft says there is no soloution for this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaibhav24in View Post
    I am using windows xp service pack 3. my system configuration is as follows
    celeron 2.0
    256 MB ram
    40 GB hard disk
    If the problem is with running XP on such a system and MS says 'no solution', there may not be any. I'm curious, is it the processor that is the problem?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would suspect the hardware. Most processors, on overheating, reboot or power down the system to cool off. Does the system shut down immediately, or does it go through the Windows "This computer is shutting down..." bit?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

if you switched your OS, windows wouldn't be able to screw up because it wouldn't be running. but if you have no experience with linux, id recomend xubuntu. it will work best with your older system.
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    If the problem is with running XP on such a system and MS says 'no solution', there may not be any. I'm curious, is it the processor that is the problem?
    Humm..... How I may be sure about that. But microsoft always says that windows driver works unexpectedly. So I guess it is dafinantly a software problem(just a guess)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    I would suspect the hardware. Most processors, on overheating, reboot or power down the system to cool off. Does the system shut down immediately, or does it go through the Windows "This computer is shutting down..." bit?
    No actully it should happen when the system is on for hours. But my system restarts just after the first boot up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxertrumps View Post
    if you switched your OS, windows wouldn't be able to screw up because it wouldn't be running. but if you have no experience with linux, id recomend xubuntu. it will work best with your older system.
    Thanks a lot for your advice. From where I can learn more about xubuntu.???

Thanks

The question here is whether the real culprit is hardware or the OS. I agree with Twey's point if that is the case you can check your motherboard/processor vendor's website and seek some assistance from them.

Check all the connections/fans etc and make sure that they are working properly.

You can try to install another OS (either linux or Windows 2000/98 just for the sake of testing) to make sure that whether those OS are working or not in your PC.