Thread: Link a item inside of a pictures

Thanks

Default Link a item inside of a pictures

Hey guys,

I really need help, I want to link a item inside of a picture but i don't know how

Here is a ex:

let's just say I want to have a link in South America, but it is a picture, and I don't want to hyperlink the whole picture, just the South America part what should I do?

P.S I don't have that program, it was a image that i found on google

please guys i really need help

Thank you so much

Thanks

Go into the html code.

you should find something similar to--
    <map ....>
    <area coords="1,2,3,4" href="">
    </map>

Just change the href=, like any link, and that's it.
    Finding the right area might be a little difficult, but it's fairly easy.

According to that picture, the URL field should work just fine. Hit close and hope it works. Done. ...I think, assuming the program works. But it's a good idea to start doing this stuff on your own so you can fix the program when it messes up.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

You can also try using free image mapper tools using which you can create image maps on any images without any difficulty.

As djr33 said it may be a bit difficult to finding out the correct coordinates manually in some images.

Thanks

Hi guys,

No, I don't want to use a map, It was just a example, a picture that I found on google,

let's just say I have a banner,and it says JOin US today! then I want to make a link on the join us today! not in the whole picture

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpage_user
    No, I don't want to use a map, It was just a example, a picture that I found on google
    Actually the technique using which we can create links in the specific parts of an image is known as image mapping.

The tag used in HTML for doing so is <MAP>.

You can use any image (anything) but the only thing is that you need to find the coordinates of the area where you want to put the link. As you mentioned in your case you have a banner and you want to make some portion of that banner act as a link.

You can read the following articles for getting more idea about this mechanism

Image Map - What is it?

Image Map - What I need?

Image Map - How to do it?

Hope this will help you.