Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disable mouse events

Thanks

Default Disable mouse events

I've had searches for the this type of script and one best example of it is made on javascript by means it wasn't that too applicable for the web. I've wanna ask if the their are few samples of script written in php for this.

Thanks

PHP is serverside. It cannot in any way affect the user's computer, except by outputting html/javascript/css/text/etc.

And even with javascript, the methods aren't fully compatible nor secure if someone were to wish to get around them.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Disabling the mouse is easily accomplished by unplugging it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

In fact, the keyboard works the same way.
    To completely disable user functionality, the power cord is an all-in-one solution.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I've seen some sites had functionality that are disable the functionality to display the codes to notepad. And I want to know if their have some php scripts/server side script for that.

Thanks

The answer is no, not with server side. The only thing that can; for a lack of better words, "manipulate" the user's mouse events in a browser window would be by using client-side scripting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

We're joking around with you because this isn't possible.
    Server side has NOTHING to do with the user, just what is shown to them.
    The only way to stop people from saving server side (or at all) is just to not send them the data.
    There are ways to make it slightly harder to save the page, but it is impossible to stop people from being able to copy your pages. Just deal with it. That's how it goes. This is the web, and there are reasons it works this way. There's nothing you can do to get around it. Really. I promise.

Thanks

So it will be on the client side,ayt?Hmm...Is their a script where I could hide the code but doesn't disable any mouse event but disable showing up code on a editor like notepad?

Thanks

No. Your code can be stolen. And it will be if someone wants to steal it. Really. I promise.

You send the code to the visitor to display they site. They HAVE it. Everyone who has been to your site and not since cleared their cache, has a copy of your site on their harddrive.

Thanks

As djr33 just stated, there is no way to hide things from web users. The only thing that you could do (if you didn't want people "stealing" your stuff from your website) would be to copyright it. Sorry

EDIT: Sorry dj, posted same time.