Thread: Drop down Horizontal and Vertical question

Thanks

Default Drop down Horizontal and Vertical question

1) Script Title: chrome css dropdown menu v2.01

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...rome/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am currently using the code sucessfully. My questions are two.
    1. Has anyone requested the code be adjusted to allow a second level vertical drop? I want to hover the top go into the dropdown(which I currently am doing) and then from a link in the drop down have another menu appear verticaly to the right. I'm not sure how I would approach adjusting the code for this. I readily admitt it may lie in the js. which I feel on sure on reading at the moment.

2. I would like to wrap my page and center it. It seems when I do this the second level drop downs appear off to the right. Where in the code is it telling the drop down to line up? Is it in the js?

lori

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi:
    Regarding your questions:

1) Yep, many times. There's unfortunately no easy way to extend the menu with additional levels, which is true for most of the single level DHTML menus here on DD. It's one of those things on my to-do's.

2) Do you mean center the menu bar relative to the page? Inside the .css for the script near the very top, find and edit the below:

Code:
    .chromestyle{
    width: 600px;
    margin-left: autp;
    margin-right: auto;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    Code in red is new. This should center the menu (and give it a width of 600px).