Advanced Search

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh god...

Thanks

Default Oh god...

AND THIS IS ONLY THE ADWARE.

no pic of viruses, it was the avast boot scanner.
    This is Kirby's computer.
    when i went over to hang out with her, i found her computers monitor on its side because they didn't know how to change the graphics options.

In this thread:
    Examples of Anti-1337 Computer Skills.
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

Holy bejebus that's a lot of tracking cookies/adware. Do you use Spybot S & D as well? If not, run a scan with that and immunize quick! That's almost like hearing someone say, oh my computer doesn't need protection from Adware, Spyware, and Viruses (Virii?) because I run Windows Update. (Heard from one of my customers).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Yeah, So Now Im going to give Them A Set Of instructions To follow The first of Each Month.

1) Disk Cleanup
    2) scandisk
    3) Full Thorough Avast Scan
    4) Adware scan
    5) Defrag.

but its going to be hard because they dont know anything about comps...
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

I would set them up with AVG free as well, set it up to do auto scan/update daily. That way that's one less thing they have to worry about.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Spyware Blaster is GREAT! I have actually replaced Spybot with it on a few of my work computers. I run it along side Spybot on all the others.

Good tools there!
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Thanks Blizzard, I might have to try this out a bit but it looks good and I've actually heard a lot of good things about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Very simple, very user friendly, updates take but a second, and it runs live scan/live prevent just like spybot.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Just downloaded and like it alot. You say it runs a live scan...how or where can I get it to do so (or does it do it automatically)? Anyway, great program as long as Spybot is still on my PC (mostly due to the fact that I know how Spybot works in terms of on my PC).

Thanks

Spybot is unmatched in it's hmm... 'expert' options.
    It gets rid of most stuff, but viruses/adware that block deletion (though regeneration) can be killed with it. Just restart with spybot loading before windows (or at least the user interface part of it) and kill it before it can start up.
    The secure shredder is unmatched too.
    Good stuff.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

when i went over to hang out with her, i found her computers monitor on its side because they didn't know how to change the graphics options.
    HAHAHA
    Viruses (Virii?)
    [[Plural of virus]]. I like "vira," since it's not already taken, doesn't sound like a shameless Anglicisation of a Latin word, and doesn't require special characters to distinguish from the singular (virūs).
    So Now Im going to give Them A Set Of instructions To follow The first of Each Month.
    It Would Be Easier Just to use The Task Scheduler and Tell Them Not To close Anything.

Your rather liberal use of caps does eventually get annoying.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!