Thread: CSS Chrome Menu dropdown dropping up

Thanks

Default CSS Chrome Menu dropdown dropping up

Script: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.01)
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...rome/index.htm

I have the menu working, but when I added it to a frames page (i.e., the header), the submenu links 'drop up' or above the main menu line and above the frame under the header. Any settings I need to modify to make it drop down properly? It does this in both IE 6.0 and FireFox 2.0.0.1

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

The script is not frames compatible. I cannot drop over a frame border. Also, if it sees that there isn't enough room within its window or frame to drop down, it will drop up.

There aren't any real good alternatives but HV-menu, though a bit old and unwieldy, can drop across frames:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

Some of the newer multilevel menus may be able to do this as well. I am not current on all of the latest additions to this category.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 02-02-2007 at 04:22 AM. Reason: add speculative info on newer menus
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I actually am using that menu on the site, but I'm trying to get away from it in a redesign. I think I can make this work with frames if I can get the menu to be aligned to the top of the browser. I have these settings, but it still is about 1/2in or would that be about 100-150px from the top. Here's the code if you have ideas:

<body bgcolor="black" style="margin-top:0;background-repeat: no-repeat;" background="images/SirensHead1.jpg">
    <table border="0" align="center" height="136" width="600px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin-top:0;">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" colspan="3" height="136" width="600px">
    <div class="chromestyle" id="chromemenu" style="margin-top:0;">
    <ul>
    Thank you for your help!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

You could try setting your margin-top for the table to a negative value - say:

Code:
    <table bord . . . dding="0" style="margin-top:-125px;">
    I would caution you though. Unless your top frame is set in the frameset to a fixed height like pixels, not to a percentage (%) or remainder (*) of the window, you cannot rely upon how it looks in your browser as, in others it will have different space available to drop down in, some more - some less.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks a bunch!