Thread: hvmenu subfolder and link problem

Thanks

Unhappy hvmenu subfolder and link problem

I hope you can help me with this problem.

I use hvmenu, and I have pages that the menu links to in many subfolders. and it is those folders that is the problem..

when I click on, for example, "bilder", and "Frikk (2003)", the link in the menu is all wrong. I tried to fix it with at variable link='folder where the site is on my harddrive' (the menu-files is at the root). Then it worked fine. But when I moved it out to the web (and changed link to www.arendalsdramatiskeselskab.com, that is the website), it didnt work. it looks like www.arendalsdramatiskeselskab.com always comes first in the link as a default(?).

I'm from norway, so I hope you understand what I mean.

you can check the page here: www.arendalsdramatiskeselskab.com, to se the problem
    the menu_var is here: www.arendalsdramatiskeselskab.com/meny_var.js (it is as a zip file as a attachment too)

thanks for your help!

Thanks

I"m wondering if your file names that have space are causing the problem?
    Maybe put underscores to combine the words, For example:

Change: Tidligere forestillinger/
    to: Tidligere_forestillinger/

and the same for all other folders and files that are longer than one word.

And I changed your links in the first few to the following to try out to see if this works (but you would have to rename directories):

Menu1=new Array("Forside","/","",0,15,50);

Menu2=new Array("Historikk","/Historikk/","",5,16,70);
    Menu2_1=new Array("Tidligere forestillinger","/Historikk/Tidligere_forestillinger/index.htm","",3,15,160);
    Menu2_1_1=new Array("Dronning Åsa’s hevn – et skoleprosjekt","/Historikk/Tidligere_forestillinger/Dronning_AAsa’s_hevn/index.htm","",0,15,200);
    Menu2_1_2=new Array("Egdene våkner - Nyoppsetning av agderkystens historie år 800","/Historikk/Tidligere_forestillinger/egdene_vaakner/index.htm","",0,30,0);
    Menu2_1_3=new Array("Slektstre for Agderslekten i Åsa-spillene","/Historikk/Tidligere_forestillinger/Slektstre_for_Agderslekten_i_AAsa-spillene/index.htm","",0,15,0);
    Menu2_2=new Array("Plakater fra forestillingene våre","/Historikk/Plakater/index.htm","",0,15,160);
    Menu2_3=new Array("Om Åsa-stiftelsen","/Historikk/AAsa-stiftelsen/index.htm","",0,15,0);
    Menu2_4=new Array("Oppgradering Hove Amfi(pwt)","/Historikk/Oppgradering_Hove_Amfi.ppt","",0,15,0);
    Menu2_5=new Array("Fra den lokale presse: Agderposten anmelder","","",3,30,0);
    Menu2_5_1=new Array("Arsenikk og gamle kniplinger","/Historikk/Agderposten_anmelder/Arsenikk_og_gamle_kniplinger/index.htm","",0,15,150);
    Menu2_5_2=new Array("Frankenstein","/Historikk/Agderposten anmelder/Frankenstein/index.htm","",0,15,0);
    Menu2_5_3=new Array("Sagnet om dronning Åsa","/Historikk/Agderposten_anmelder/Sagnet_om_dronning_AAsa/index_htm","",0,15,0);

Why is this last index.htm an index_htm?

Karine

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi Karine, thanks for your post!

Thanks so mutch, it works now!!

Just a little fix like that, and all is different

I dont know why it stood index_htm, in my file it was index.htm, strange.
    Last edited by atle; 02-12-2005 at 09:12 AM.