Thread: Calendar Widget Problem

Thanks

Question Calendar Widget Problem

Hi ,

I am facing a problem with Calendar widget in IE a combo is overlapping calendar widget but in mozilla it is working fine...

IE

Mozilla:

Please Help

Bunty

Thanks

The CSS z-index attribute may be of some help.
    Place this on the style of calendar:
    Code:
    z-index:100;
    - Mike

Thanks

I added z-index:100; but it is not working

Please help

Thanks

can you give us a link to the page please.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Upgrade to IE 7. I'm only partially kidding. In IE 6 and less, select elements show over everything except iframes. A popular, but somewhat involved method of dealing with this is to interpose a blank iframe element underneath the 'floated' or positioned element, but above the select. If you do this, it is best to have this only happen in IE 6 and less as it can look odd in other browsers, and unnecessarily adds to the script load in them as well. It becomes even trickier if your page is secure, as a secure page needs a secure blank iframe for this to work. Another equally effective strategy, and much easier to work out is to simply move the 'floated' or positioned element so that it doesn't appear over the select. The other strategy I have seen used is to make the select element's visibility style property be hidden while the 'floated' or positioned element is over it. This last isn't usually as good looking, but is easier than the iframe solution and doesn't require rearranging the layout as does the second option.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate