Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic forwarding from SQL-Database

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love learning about these differences. Some are very quite funny, and of course growing up learning how your culture does it, you find it hard sometimes to see just HOW different others really are.

I have found myself asking a couple times "how can that offend you?" But it can, and does
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Default then of course there's always phpfreaks.com

that's the first thing I thought of when he wrote it. Even in english, many people use freaks as a different/hip way of saying someone who is extremely passionate about something.

No harm done.

And for what its worth, no one that dare call himself a true web developer, will ever be using frontpage or dreamweaver.

Granted dreamweaver has its place, it lets NON CODERS make websites.

I highest level of offense would be for me to tell you , you aren't a true coder!!! So keep learning, and keep reading, and soon you'll be typing away on straight NOTEPAD, yeah !!. Now that's a true coder!

I don't know how much you know about php currently, but I found this tutorial very helpful when I started, (and i still refer to it)

http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/627

They even cover mysql integration on it. I also have some great database normalization info as well, but you'll need to get through A to understand B.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Granted dreamweaver has its place, it lets NON CODERS make websites.
    But that's pointless. It's like saying that non-artists can draw pictures. It's true, but the result will be crude, by definition: were it otherwise, then that person would be considered an artist.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying. Haha, believe me, I'd be the last of the last to defend dreamweaver.

I guess what I mean is from a business/marketing standpoint, I see what dreamweaver is trying to do. It's letting people who otherwise would not give a damn, throw up something that resembles a "web presence". Consider the local hair salon, etc, who is anxious to get a web site going. I really think it has more to do with business entities who view the internet as just another marketing tool where they can use dreamweaver to create a static page with contact information and some nice storefront pictures, and less to do with people that actually want to make effecient sites that actually work.

BUT now that I think about it, any business who is serious, would pay the dough to get a GOOD site done from those php FREAKS out there !!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Indeed
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!