Thread: RTE Issue

Thanks

Question RTE Issue

1) Script Title: Rich Text Editor

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...itor/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
    I got the editor working and all, but when I hit submit to add the content to my database, it adds the "here's the "preloaded content"" message instead of the text I put in. I would like to know how to get it to add my text rather than that. Also, I would like to know how to get rid of the preloaded content message. I appreciate any help
    Thanks DD, you saved me countless times

Thanks

does anyone have an idea of what could be causing it to add the preloaded content rather than the text I put in th box?

Thanks

You have to edit a parameter when the original function is called to edit the preloaded content, I believe.
    - Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mburt View Post
    You have to edit a parameter when the original function is called to edit the preloaded content, I believe.
    Where would I look for the parameter to change? Also, will that help me get it to submit the text I enter rather than the preloaded content?

Thanks

If anyone ever has an issue with this, don't even bother with the one on DD, get this one: http://www.openwebware.com/products/...wyg/demo.shtml. I had it set up and running in a few minutes. Much better, and no need for help (which apparently you won't find about this on DD), because its a very simple install.