Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is what I want to do with SQL...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The reason for the charge is because I am offering it on C.D. Mainly the download will be like an instant thing. Like, download now so you can start playing while we mail you the C.D.
    Hm... wouldn't it be a better idea to just offer the game free for download, but have a CD purchase as an alternative option?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Perhaps, but there are so many other things I want to include in the box with the C.D. that those opting to just get the download wouldn't get all the juicy stuff as well, the things I can't offer through a download.

Still a ways to go on it yet, it's not ready to be released tomorrow or anything, LOL so I have time to think about it all.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Perhaps, but there are so many other things I want to include in the box with the C.D. that those opting to just get the download wouldn't get all the juicy stuff as well, the things I can't offer through a download.
    Which only means that people are more likely to buy the CD
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Good point.

Pros and Cons.. so much to think about, so much to code, so little time.

Can someone pay me about 15 bucks an hour to breathe? So I can stay at home and work on the fun things and still support my family?
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZZaRD View Post
    Can someone pay me about 15 bucks an hour to breathe? So I can stay at home and work on the fun things and still support my family?
    One can only dream.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, it keeps me alive.

Dreaming things like that makes me hopeful. I had a friend in 10th grade, we both got jobs. I put out about 50 applications and finally landed my very first job at McDonalds, making 3.25 an hour. Not bad for a 15 year old with no expenses.

My buddy put in one application, got the job and made 17 bucks an hour. Besides making more at 15 than I have even gotten close to as an adult (yet, getting closer ) wanna hear what his job was?

He worked in the Lay-Z Boy Factory, testing 1 out of every 15 recliners that came off the assembly line.

That's right.. he got paid 17 bucks an hour to sit in recliner chairs for 30 hours a week.

I would have dropped out of high school, LMAO
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

That's too funny. I wish I could've found a job like that at that age. My first job was in construction making $8 an hour when I was 12 (under the table type job of course). Done that until about 2 years ago when I moved to another state. Then when I got up here, I got a job in Technical Support for an ISP in town as well as a job with an Electrical Contracting Company. Starting pay was $11/hour (regular wage). Every now and then we get prevailing wage jobs that pay $37 - $40 an hour. I love those. Anyways, back to the post in hand. I like the idea you got going for this; but just a question, what kind of game is it going to be?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It is a detailed RPG type game, NOT MMORPG, just single player.

But we have a great story line and a very nice ability/level up formula, and I personally think, it is a nice little concept for a game.

Everyone involved in the project loves RPGs, and we all have the same thoughts about how all the ones we liked could be better if this was added, or that was removed, etc. etc.

So we designed our own following those guidelines.

Ever seen Pokemon for the gameboy? It will be a very similar play style to that, with some Final Fantasy type elements and some Dino Crisis extras thrown in.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Nice. If you need a tester for the game (or any other help with it), let me know and I'll help out as much as I can. Not sure what help I could offer, but it's there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I will keep it in mind.

Have any experience in Flash Action Script?

Actually it's the exe installer I will need done. Lots of research on the end product stuff, but again we are months (read: years) away from that point though

Also, I would like this Mac compatible as well, but they don't do .exe files, so what can be done? Ideas on that one?
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result