Thread: open dropdown link in new window

Thanks

Default open dropdown link in new window

hi, i am trying your code, AnyLink Drop Down Menu,
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm
    and got it to work just fine. my question is, how do i get the link, when clicked on, to open up in a new window?
    thank you,

Thanks

I replied to a thread on here with a solution to this a while back, take a look at this thread for the info about it.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

i did get the new window to open up and was able to change the pixels to make it larger, but need to have the new window have scrolling abilities. i tried to put in 'scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes' in several different spots in the code, but could not make it work. here is the code with the page i am trying to get opened up and resizable and with scrollbars.
    any ideas?

var menu3=new Array()
    menu3[0]='<a onclick="window.open(this.href,\'newwin\',\'height=400,width=550\'); return false" href="https://www.informe.org/moses/">Get Your License</a>'

Thanks

Code:
    var menu3=new Array()
    menu3[0]='<a onclick="window.open(this.href,\'newwin\',\'height=400,width=550,scrollbars=yes,resizable\'); return false" href="https://www.informe.org/moses/">Get Your License</a>'
    Either copy and paste the above code where you want it, or you can simply copy and paste the parts in red wherever you want it at in your code.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Notice the comma after "width", this sepearates another setting in the window.open function.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks

you are a freaking genious!!!!!!!!!!
    thank you so very much, you saved my day. i've been working on this particular code "all day". now, i can take a break. thak you again!!!

Thanks

Not a problem, let us know if you need any more help.