Advanced Search

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen capture of your desktop!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not really, no. Avast, ClamAV, BitDefender, and others offer a Linux anti-virus solution, but there are so few Linux vira (something like forty-five vs. several hundred thousand, if I remember correctly, and none of the forty-five still in the wild), that their features are based around the assumption that you'll be handling files from Windows users. You can still use most of them to check for Linux vira, of course, but it's not really worth it. Rather, you should secure your machine from other attacks, by keeping yourself up to date with patches, and scanning regularly with an automated vulnerability detector like Nessus.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Yeh Twey is right, when I had linux I used to do the same...

Thanks

45? Words cant describe the feeling.

but pcbrainbuster, used to? I can hear torvalds rolling in his... bed.
    Why did you give up linux?

"Im Not Dead Yet!"
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

Well to tell the truth I've never had Linux, I just said it for fun and was gonna post that here later today if anyone cared ... But whats a torvalds?

Thanks

Linus torvalds is the foremost authority on linux, created the logo and started the development of the linux kernal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds
    You know your cool when you have a wiki article on you.
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

There is ONE BIG problem with that site but no one has seems to use that to there advantage...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Actually, I overestimated that:Wikipedia lists only 14, none of which are still dangerous to a fully-updated system.
    There is ONE BIG problem with that site but no one has seems to use that to there advantage...
    What problem?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Well I'm sure "everyone" knows this but you can edit virtually any info there...

This could get seriously serious in some cases...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And the article here (written in 2003) lists it as 40:60,000. As you can see, reports vary wildly, but all of them agree on one thing: there are one heck of a lot more Windows vira, and none of the current Linux ones are dangerous any more.
    Well I'm sure "everyone" knows this but you can edit virtually any info there...

This could get seriously serious in some cases...
    Not really, for the same reason it's not a serious problem that a vandal can rewrite public physical bulletin boards: people will see it, put it right, and penalise the vandal.

Thanks

LOL The way they discribed a virus would make you think having a virus meant that you computer is popular !!