Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen capture of your desktop!

Thanks

i usually use ACA Capture Pro ,here is my shot

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

For all you folks who like the 'death and metal' look (© 2007 yours truly):

At least that's what it looked like a few hours ago with the top down.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 03-13-2007 at 04:59 AM.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

wow, all of you guys have such few icons on your desktops!! I have about a million folders and application icons on mine. Seriously, about 3/4 of my desktop is covered with icons.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jnscollier View Post
    wow, all of you guys have such few icons on your desktops!! I have about a million folders and application icons on mine. Seriously, about 3/4 of my desktop is covered with icons.
    Try desktop cleanup wizard.

That's a windows only thing, I think. Anyways, when installing new programs I usually do not select or deselect (if it is selected) the option of having a desktop icon added. I also routinely delete any desktop shortcuts I don't think I need. I can easily do this because I am quite familiar with how to make new ones if I want them and with finding programs on my computer that have no icons on the desktop or in the start menu.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSmith View Post
    i usually use ACA Capture Pro ,here is my shot
    Why did you PAY for a screen capture program?
    it comes with the OS, you just hit the "print screen" button then paste it into an imp...
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

It's one of those things where I'm always thinking I'll need something later on down the road. Bad habit i know. lol.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are issues with the standard Windows screen-capture utility... it doesn't display OpenGL- or ActiveX-rendered widgets, and it does odd things to scrollbars. It's a lot less flexible than a dedicated program, too (although, as you said, an image editor removes a lot of this, it's an extra step).

I use KSnapshot for this reason, even though KDE provides built-in screencapture functionality. KSnapshot does most of the things that program claims to do (but it's free ).
    The only icons I have on my desktop are my (rather bulky) TODO list, and my CD drive, which KDE puts there automatically, and which I can't be bothered to remove, even though I rarely use it. KDE provides a list of commonly-used applications at the top of the main menu, which happen to be my web browser, mail client, chat client, media player, and terminal, the only applications I use regularly (read: fire up at boot). I find this faster and neater than minimising all my applications, clicking an icon, and restoring them all. If I need something else, I tend to hit alt-f2 and type its name (which tends to be faster than clicking anyway).
    As I think BLiZZaRD mentioned, Linux desktops also have the concept of "drawers," a single panel icon (as seen in the quick-launch bar in Windows) each of which can store a large number of further icons, rendering desktop icons redundant for a lot of users.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

heres mine. (p.s. I don't have vista, it's a transformation pack)
    http://www.killerchutney.co.uk/imgs/mydesktop.JPG
    p.s. ImageShack is slow and has ads. Use my one http://www.killerchutney.co.uk/imgupload.php

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't have vista, it's a transformation pack
    Do you get glass?
    p.s. ImageShack is slow and has ads. Use my one
    I think it's only for we Brits... no-one else seems to have this problem, but as you say, I frequently find ImageShack so slow that the browser gives up and closes the connection before getting the page.
    So, folks, yes, please do use his.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    Do you get glass?
    Sort of, its either none or 100% transparency, unless you get somw strange program that costs money