Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a Mac or not.

Thanks

I didn't say that. I said mature enough not to start the debate. I didn't start the debate... I don't use linux.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

As for linux... well... people who use linux are probably just generally more mature than to start this debate.
    Hah! You've evidently never been caught up in a vi/emacs flamewar. Linux zealots are even more infamous than their Mac-loving counterparts.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I'll debate on linux in a mature matter. Does anyone have a problem with Linux?

Thanks

my windows install is stable *barely* but the most stable non-unix os i have ever used

and for the mac/pc battle how many games acually come out on the mac right away??
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks
    Blog Entries

and for the mac/pc battle how many games acually come out on the mac right away??
    Few. ID usually releases Linux/Mac variants of their games at the same time as the Windows ones.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    Few. ID usually releases Linux/Mac variants of their games at the same time as the Windows ones.
    see that is the ONLY thing where windows is better
    well you could use wine for unix but not a mac

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Availability of software doesn't reflect on the quality of the platform itself (although it may be a measure of its usability for a given purpose). Windows isn't better because it has more games, although for a serious gamer it's probably the best prospect currently.

Thanks

i still preffer a unix based -->PC<--
    mac is just jumping in the game too late i think
    nearly everyone already used pc and is now used to wondoze

Thanks

http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/
    A funny spoof series making fun out of the Mac vs Pc adverts.

Thanks

I can crash anything, as I have read in other places, nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

But I luv my macs.

I use xp pro, and have tried the media and home, and can sympathise with windows haters. XP pro seems to be a bit better.

And just because millions of people drive chevy's, don't make it the best

Just makes it popular.

My windows machines have cost me on the average 3 times what my macs have cost. upgrades, peripherals, time fixing, etc.

500 for the emac, 35 for an airport card and that is it. Works like a champ.

1400 for the windows laptop, 200 memory, 60 anti hackware, two trips to service, 2 weeks hunting buggers on comp, drawing program crashes. Worst money ever spent. Had to have it to run a specific software

next comp...powerbook... spend the money upfront and get rid of the hassles. If you have to have windows, get bootcamp