Advanced Search

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a Mac or not.

Thanks

Default Get a Mac or not.

The battle is going to be ugly.

(Apologies for people who are on dialup :P)
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi I'm a mac I am cool and hip and all fun and games.. except that only silly games will run on me, all the cool games are made for windows only. The ones that aren't are very expensive. Just like my hardware, which you can't upgrade by the way.

Hi, I'm a PC, I want you to do well in business and school and learn a lot, so I have included extra crap you can buy, cause let's face it, nothing is free, and you can install power point and word programs, as well as financial reports and encyclopedias. I, however, am going to crash within the first 6 months of you bringing me home and will need to be rebooted at least twice a day to be at optimal performance, which is below standards anyway.

Hi, I'm Linux... I do everything those other guys do without much of the hassle, oh and we have WoW now
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZZaRD View Post
    Hi, I'm a PC, I am going to crash within the first 6 months of you bringing me home...
    OBJECTION!!!

I've Had My Comp Since June, And It Works Great. Never Had A Blue Screen Of Death. Ive Royally Screwed Up With My Optimization Induced Service Disabling...
    But The Entire Computer Has Never Crashed Before. The Display Driver A Couple Of Times.. But Thats Because I Only Have On Board Video.

But You Are Correct on The Linux... I'm Jealous Of Twey. He Was Able To Install Kubuntu. For Some Reason I Cant Get The BIOS Set Up To Boot From CD.
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Kubuntu? I use Gentoo, thank you very much.

I have, actually, heard of quite a few people who say their copies of Windows are perfectly stable. However, I've had only negative experiences myself.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Blizzard, you made an error when you acted like a PC and Linux are two diffrent things, because MAC vs PC is not PC vs MAC vs Linux, because Linux is an operating system , pc means personal computer, you would LOAD linux onto a PC, lol. so you kinda created a demented loophole. you would say, hi im WINDOWS and i crash in 6 months, i sure hope not, cuz my computer is a month old, and i could easily compare it to Zuess himself 300fps Cs:s max quality fw00t , HEADSHOT , dont leave out BF2142 either =)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

pc means personal computer, you would LOAD linux onto a PC, lol.
    Let's not forget that Linux also runs on many other architectures, including the Mac's PPC.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

And, if you're arguing "PC" as personal computer... 1. mac coined the term. 2. Macs are personal computers.
    PC generally refers to windows. It's not a 'windows computer' so people usually go with PC.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Bada-Bing.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

I suppose it can be seen like this:
    OSX = Windows;
    Mac = ?
    So... people just call them PCs.

As for linux... well... people who use linux are probably just generally more mature than to start this debate.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Linux users are just that much more above Macs ands PCs
    - Mike