Thread: very basic database

Thanks

Default very basic database

Hi everyone,

I wish to create a very basic database on my website which will give the user all the compatable products for a particular item. eg when a user types in a transmitter model than he gets a list of all the receivers and vice-verser.

If anyone could help me out or point out a thread where it is covered? I have search but did not find any luck

Thanks

It's probably a lot of tedious work, but the coding shouldn't be that bad.

Here's a tutorial on the basics:

http://php-mysql-tutorial.com
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Yeah. And five hours of straight downloading on a dial-up connection
    - Mike

Thanks

Hm? To setup mysql?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Caps lock is on. Too lazy to scream by holding shift?

But... in seriousness, please don't just randomly go around ranting. that'll get you banned.

Thanks

Back to the original question...
    The package is 50 megabytes, which on dial-up takes a long time to download.
    At about 3 kb/s
    - Mike

Thanks

Ok, wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to.
    Yeah, that's no fun.
    But hopefully any server won't be running off dialup. Hehe.

Thanks

What if the download link is blocked? I'm working out of a tech school, and they don't allow most downloads. Or websites. I was lucky to find dynamicdrive.com, as the school site uses one of DD's scripts and therefore cannot block their own script source.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a MySQL database set up for the phpBB forums on my website. Help? How to make MySQL database? Etc.?

Thanks

Ask your web host if they can supply you with a mysql database. If it is free hosting (Geocities etc) then the answer is probably not, if it is paid hosting you probably already have one and just dont know about it. Either way you should ask your host for support with this asthey will probably even set it up for you

Thanks

If the dload link is blocked, go to a connection where it isn't.

If you can't get the file... well... you can't get the file. there's no creative solution.

You could try a proxy, but I'd guess that might be blocked too.