Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac vs PC

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What is REALLY funny...

re-read the very first post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    The new macs are better, still work well together with hardware, and is compatible with windows. Does anyone think that Microsoft will buy Mac, merge into one massage company, and the age of Mac vs PC be over? Tell me what you think about it. JF
    This has NOTHING to do with Mac vs. PC vs. Linux..

To answer the question...

No, I personally don't think Windows and OSX will merge into one large company. Microsoft already battles "monopoly" issues in frivolous court battles every year, doing so would just cause more problems for the new "Macdows" company that became of it.

In anything, there will always be a David and a Goliath, it is just how humans work.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    WHOA!
    That's not a fair summary at all.
    Those things are true to an extent about Macs, but that macs them sound terrible.
    Yeah, jeez, he forgot about how Mac's never get viruses. But then again, isn't that because 95% (completely made up abstract statistic) of poeple use PC over Mac? Logically, if you were going to be a (insert 4 letter word of choice), you would go after the one that had the majority of people on it... Would be nice to see Apple get their asses handed to them though in their "No Viruses" campaign...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aragoth View Post
    if you were going to be a (insert 4 letter word of choice), you would go after the one that had the majority of people on it... Would be nice to see Apple get their asses handed to them though in their "No Viruses" campaign...
    No need to talk this way. I don't think that they will ever merge into one massive company. People do and are set in their ways and put there rather quickly when young. It also has to do with what their parents use and think is good or not. When I first was arguing with my padre (being old and set in his ways) about this I used this point: If Microsoft and Apple did combine into one massive company, not only would they be sued by everyone for monopolizing things, but hundreds if not thousands of companies would go out of business. Thus, Millions of people would be out of a job and if they did that then not alot of people would want to or be able to buy any of their machines. I am not arguing Linux because they don't make computers, at least that I know of. JF

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    I am not arguing Linux because they don't make computers, at least that I know of. JF
    They don't make computers the same way Windows and OSX don't. But you CAN buy a computer pre-installed with *Nix OS just as you can with Windows or OSX, and those are priced about the same as a Windows PC.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Who Has White Walls?
    Well, half the walls in my bedroom are white
    we are making Twey use words like "fortnight" now, it is only going to get worse.
    Haha! That's not a popular word in America?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

It was, Twey, in the 1800s.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah, well, here it's still in common use.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Probably due to it being left over from the British influence on America during the 1800s. I dunno.
    It's still a word and people of moderate intelligence know what it means.

I think of fortnight and score in the same sense.... both are outdated descriptions of days. Is score still in use there?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, a score is an actual number (20), nothing to do with days necessarily.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is score still in use there?
    Only rarely, and mostly in estimates (and, stereotypically, agriculture).