Thread: Please Help- Jason's calendar!

Thanks

Question Please Help- Jason's calendar!

1) Script Title: Jason's Data Input Calendar

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...oncalendar.htm

3) Describe problem: Script not working as it should

Hi,

I am a seasoned user to DD script and had no problems in the past, I followed as usual ALL steps/instructions described, but I just cannot get the script working!

. Well part worked: which certainly proves that I followed the instructions exactly - The following did work:

<input type="button" onClick="alert(this.form.orderdate.value)" value="Show date value passed">

. However the main thing I am after i.e. the Date doesn't work:

<script>DateInput('orderdate', true, 'DD-MON-YYYY')</script>

I find this strange to say the least!

I would be much obliged if someone be kind enough to help me solve this problem.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Bob

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Works fine here. You do need to use a form. Other than that, I cannot think of what the problem is. Can you tell us what browser you are using and give us a link to your problem page?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thumbs up The answer my friend is... online...

Hi John

First of all I thank you for your prompt answer.

a) I use IE7

b) I normally check first on my computer before uploading the files on my server, well now I did upload and the script does WORK live online! As I said I knew I have done every thing correctly. The thing is why doesn't it work on my computer? Bizarre...to say the least...

Anyway as long as it works it's OK, but still I'd like to know why it doesn't work on my computer, as I always like to try/test things before uploading...

Thanks again for your help!

Regards

Bob

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I tested in IE 7 locally, as well as a couple of others, all fine except for Opera which was good (slight initial rendering bug). Are you getting an error in IE 7 locally? If so, what is it? What exactly happens when you go to test locally in IE 7?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi John

There is no error showing NOTHING AT ALL I have a blank page or rather as I said in my first coms only the:

<input type="button" onClick="alert(this.form.orderdate.value)" value="Show date value passed"> SHOWS

The calendar date system DOESN'T!

Regards

Bob

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whiteknight View Post
    Hi John

There is no error showing NOTHING AT ALL I have a blank page or rather as I said in my first coms only the:

<input type="button" onClick="alert(this.form.orderdate.value)" value="Show date value passed"> SHOWS

The calendar date system DOESN'T!

Regards

Bob
    Sounds like you are being 'protected' from local active X. Usually there is a prompt at the top of the page with instructions as to how to allow the content. In your configuration, you may have this prompt turned off and set to 'disabled' instead.

This is all meant to protect you from malicious scripts but has the side affect of preventing trusted local javascript from running.

Here is a fix if this is the problem:

That only happens locally, as a security measure. As far as IE is concerned, javascript is ActiveX. Click on the bar and click on allow and click on yes. Once your page is live, this will not happen. You can also give your page 'the mark of the web'. That way (in most cases) it will not display the security bar locally either. Put this right after your <html> tag like so:

Code:
    <html>
    <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
    <!-- this and above comment should be removed for live, non-demo use -->
    <head>
    But, navigating away from the page to another local page, or including another local page on it via a frame or an iframe can be problematical if said page does not also have 'the mark of the web' on it.
    - John

Thanks

Hi John

I did as you instructed it works now! (active x)

Many thanks for your help really appreciate it!!!

Regards

Bob