Thread: how to access innerhtml element

Thanks

Default how to access innerhtml element

Hi guys...i'm kinda new in this js language...i was wondering can anybody help me with this code....well problem maybe sound a bit silly..well I was wondering how to get the all the value from the txtbox so that,I can validate all the data that have been key in by the user....thanking u all in advance for your time in reviewing my msg...may god bless u all.

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    <script language="javascript">
    var numLinesAdded = 0;
    function generateRow() {
    var d=document.getElementById("div");
    var addbut=document.getElementById("addsub");

d.innerHTML+="<table width='90%' bgcolor='#E9E9E9' border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><tr class='ContentTableText'><td>Name</td><td><input name='ConNameMs[]' type='text' id='ConNameMs[]' class='ContentTableText' size='38' /></td></tr><tr class='ContentTableText'><td>Address</td><td><input name='ConAdd[]' type='text' id='ConAdd[]' class='ContentTableText' size='38' /></td></tr><tr class='ContentTableText'><td>Age</td><td><input name='ConAge[]' type='text' id='ConAge[]' class='ContentTableText' size='38' /></td></tr></table><br>";
    //d.innerHTML+="<input type='text' maxlength='5' name='txt1_" + numLinesAdded + "' onkeypress='focusNext(this)'>";
    numLinesAdded++;
    if(numLinesAdded=="5"){
    addbut.disabled = true;
    }
    }
    function test(){
    alert("hi");
    var thediv=document.getElementById("div");
    var theelementcon=thediv.getElementsByTagName("input");
    for(i=0;i<theelementcon.length;i++){
    theelementcon[i].innerHTML=document.getElementById("ConNameMs[]").value;
    }
    }
    </script>
    </head>

<body>
    <div id="div" align="center"></div>
    <input type="button" value="Add Contact" id="addsub" onclick="generateRow()" class="ContentTableText"/>
    <input type="button" value="Test" id="test" onclick="test()" class="ContentTableText"/>
    </body>
    </html>

Thanks

well I was wondering how to get the all the value from the txtbox so that,I can validate all the data that have been key in by the user.
    If you want to access the value stored in a textbox then you can use the following method.

Code:
    document.forms[0].txtBox.value
    will give you the value stored in a text box whose name is txtBox which is inside the first form element in the web page.

The index of the forms[] depends on how many forms you use in your web page. If your needed element is in your first form element then it would be forms[0] if it is in the fourth form element then it would be forms[3]. The index starts from 0.

Thanks

For a <span> or <div> or pretty much any other tag which can have nested elements, can be accessed like this:

Code:
    document.getElementById("theTagId").innerHTML = "The stuff between the tags. <br>More stuff"
    - Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

document.forms[0].txtBox.value
    You mean
    Code:
    document.forms[0].elements['txtBox'].value
    The index of the forms[] depends on how many forms you use in your web page. If your needed element is in your first form element then it would be forms[0] if it is in the fourth form element then it would be forms[3]. The index starts from 0.
    It's also possible to access the form by name or ID:
    Code:
    document.forms['formNameOrID'].elements['elementName'].value
    For a <span> or <div> or pretty much any other tag which can have nested elements, can be accessed like this:
    Can be, but shouldn't be if it can possibly be done with standard DOM methods.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Correct Twey I didn't intend a detailed account there.

Thanks

Default I found the solution

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    <script language="javascript">
    var numLinesAdded = 0;
    function generateRow() {
    var d=document.getElementById("div");
    var addbut=document.getElementById("addsub");

d.innerHTML+="<table width='90%' bgcolor='#E9E9E9' border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><tr class='ContentTableText'><td>Name</td><td><input name='ConNameMs[]' type='text' id='ConNameMs[]' class='ContentTableText' size='38' /></td></tr><tr class='ContentTableText'><td>Address</td><td><input name='ConAdd[]' type='text' id='ConAdd[]' class='ContentTableText' size='38' /></td></tr><tr class='ContentTableText'><td>Age</td><td><input name='ConAge[]' type='text' id='ConAge[]' class='ContentTableText' size='38' /></td></tr></table><br>";
    //d.innerHTML+="<input type='text' maxlength='5' name='txt1_" + numLinesAdded + "' onkeypress='focusNext(this)'>";
    numLinesAdded++;
    if(numLinesAdded=="5"){
    addbut.disabled = true;
    }
    }
    function test(){
    var whats=document.getElementsByName("ConAge[]");
    var thespecificelement=whats;
    for(i=0;i<thespecificelement.length;i++){
    var x=thespecificelement[i].value; alert(x);
    	}
    }
    </script>
    </head>

<body>
    <div id="div" align="center"></div>
    <input type="button" value="Add Contact" id="addsub" onclick="generateRow()" class="ContentTableText"/>
    <input type="button" value="Test" id="test" onclick="test()" class="ContentTableText"/>
    </body>
    </html>

Thanks

Use DOM techniques (createElement, appendChild etc) instead of innerHTML.