Thread: Photoshop CS3 Help

Thanks

Default Photoshop CS3 Help

Hi, I recently installed PS CS3, and now, when I go to use it, I have a very strange problem. When I am trying to add color to a file (by using anything from the pain bucket (fill tool), pencil, brush, etc...) the color always shows up as a gray color. I can choose different colors, but once I click "OK" in the color picker, the color changes back to a gray color. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Did I simply make some stupid error in my preferences? Any help would be awesome! And yes, I do realize this software is still BETA but I just wanna make sure this is/isn't a bug before I complain or anything to Adobe...

PS:
    I tried to post on the Adobe/PhotoShop forums but it won't let me register...

Thanks

My PAINT program does the same thing. What I have to do is create a rainbow color bar and place it in the image by screen capture.
    Then I pick a color and go to work. When finished, I must crop the image to remove the rainbow palette.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't use Photoshop, but it sounds as if the image is indexed, and the colour you want isn't in it. Try setting it to RGB mode.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Yup! that is the quick fix. I just have to change it to RBG!

Thanks

Sounds like you've got it solved, but I've had the same thing happen before.
    It might not be indexing, but could just be set to greyscale. Either way, switching to RGB mode usually fixes it just fine.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think greyscale is implemented in most formats as an indexed image with two colours. I may be wrong, though.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

In photoshop, anyway, it's at least 256 shades of grey.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry, yes, I'm thinking of black-and-white imagery. Still, the same applies.

Thanks

Yeah. Black and white quickly alerts you to its presense Everything starts looking like random block shapes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Depends on the resolution. A high-resolution black-and-white image displayed with anti-aliasing (or on a very high-res monitor) can look as good as greyscale, or even be displayed as greyscale, in the case of the anti-aliasing.