Thread: Form scripting problem

Thanks

Default Form scripting problem

i need help on this submit button... the script is like... this
    ________
    |_Submit_|

when i click on the submit button to submit it.. i dont' know where it goes.. i want it to send me a mail about the following answer with the questions i asked... Can anyone help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer
    the script is like... this
    ________
    |_Submit_|
    That really doesn't impart any helpful information. Showing the mark-up for the form would be far more useful.

when i click on the submit button to submit it.. i dont' know where it goes
    Forms "go" where you tell them. The action attribute specifies the destination for successful form data.

i want it to send me a mail about the following answer with the questions i asked... Can anyone help?
    Use a form mail server-side script. Your Web host may provide one. If not, there are plenty of free ones available elsewhere on the Web.

Mike

Thanks

Here'z the script... Can you tell me what i did wrong and fix me... Please..

</SCRIPT>
    <!--SAMPLE FORM -------------------------------->
    <FORM name=formcheck onsubmit=mailto:GoT_PhO_ByTcH@hotmail.com>
    <P align=center><STRONG>.:Try Out Form:.</STRONG></P>
    <P align=center><STRONG>Counter-Strike Name: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=FirstName><BR><STRONG>Aim Address: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=SecondName><BR><STRONG>Favorite Gun: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=ThirdName><BR><STRONG>Favorite Map: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=ForthName><BR><STRONG>When You Want To Try Out Time/Day (Parcifc Time ONLY): </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=FiftName><BR><STRONG>Where's Your Location: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=SixthName><BR><STRONG>Why You Want To Join Us: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=SeventhName><BR><STRONG>E-mail: </STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=NinthName><BR><STRONG>Have A Mic:</STRONG><INPUT size=25 name=LastName><BR><INPUT type=submit value="<*Submit*>"> </P>
    <P align=center><U><STRONG>"You MUST have a mic before you can join our clan!!!"</STRONG></U></P></FORM></BODY></HTML>

I just want when people the come to my site i fill out the form i made and click on submit and it send what they say and the questions i asked them to my e-mail... Which is GoT_PhO_ByTcH@hotmail.com . But then.. i seem to try everything i can think off but it won't work.. can you please tell me how..??

Thanks

<FORM name=formcheck onsubmit=mailto:GoT_PhO_ByTcH@hotmail.com>
    For a form to direct its output, it must have an action attribute. This is a URL to a resource which will handle the form submission.

Although people do use mailto: links in action attributes, they (and you) shouldn't. They aren't reliable. Instead, find out if your host provides a form mail server-side script and use that to e-mail the results. If your host doesn't provide one, go to the link in my last post. There will you will find several services for free.

Mike

Thanks

I went there but don't understand anything, I have no idea where to go and how to get it. I tried to fine my way though the site and fine what I need... I ran into this script thingy... It said "forn_2_e-mail. I went there, Entered in all the infomation it ask for.. and i end out when a bunch of codes... I have no idea what to do with them... Here's are the codes i end they end up giving me.. Where do i put them???

<input type="hidden" name="allforms" value="
    ---------------
    Form Name:
    Form ID : 100518
    ---------------
    YcZkMzU3MjQ3ZGE4YjI4NjU3MGQ3OWQ4MTYyOWNlNTZlZMZiaWhpYnHU0HiojJOBoYeTc7KMl3l5
    oKOlppmdnWebo57V1NDN1dTQzdXU0M3V1F+9acRk
    ---------------
    ">

Thanks

Here's are the codes i end they end up giving me.. Where do i put them???
    Check your private messages.

Mike

Thanks

I went there but don't understand anything, I have no idea where to go and how to get it. I tried to fine my way though the site and fine what I need... I ran into this script thingy... It said "forn_2_e-mail. I went there, Entered in all the infomation it ask for.. and i end out when a bunch of codes... I have no idea what to do with them... Here's are the codes they end up giving me.. Where do i put them???
    <input type="hidden" name="allforms" value="
    ---------------
    Form Name:
    Form ID : 100518
    ---------------
    YcZkMzU3MjQ3ZGE4YjI4NjU3MGQ3OWQ4MTYyOWNlNTZlZMZiaWhpYnHU0HiojJOBoYeTc7KMl3l5
    oKOlppmdnWebo57V1NDN1dTQzdXU0M3V1F+9acRk
    ---------------
    ">[/QUOTE]

Thanks

another thing.... How can you get the a flash intro to work on your webpage...

Thanks

I went there
    You went where? Please be more descriptive. To view the message I sent, click on the Private Messages link (once you've logged in), either in this post or the top-right corner. You'll be taken to the Inbox and it's a simple matter of clicking on the message title.

If you have trouble using this forum, read the FAQ. A description of the private messaging system is given there.

Mike

Thanks

Guys, please help me!...I don't know why it didn't work!...Is there something wrong with my form code...I tried to fill up the blank fields and tried to submit it but theres no email sent to my email address!...what should I do now? check this out...

....<form name="form1" method="post" action="maesterjatrix@yahoo.com">Pangalan: <INPUT size=25> Code ng pagsusulit : <INPUT size=4><BR>Pangkat :
    <INPUT size=10>e-mail address: <INPUT size=25><BR><BR><BR>1. &nbsp; : <INPUT
    size=25> 26. : <INPUT size=25><BR>2. &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25> 27. : <INPUT
    size=25><BR>3. &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25> 28. : <INPUT size=25><BR>4. &nbsp; :
    <INPUT size=25> 29. : <INPUT size=25><BR>5. &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25> 30. :
    <INPUT size=25><BR>6. &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25> 31. : <INPUT size=25><BR>7.
    &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25> 32. : <INPUT size=25><BR>8. &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25>
    33. : <INPUT size=25><BR>9. &nbsp; : <INPUT size=25> 34. : <INPUT
    size=25><BR>10. : <INPUT size=25> 35. : <INPUT size=25><BR>11. : <INPUT size=25>
    36. : <INPUT size=25><BR>12. : <INPUT size=25> 37. : <INPUT size=25><BR>13. :
    <INPUT size=25> 38. : <INPUT size=25><BR>14. : <INPUT size=25> 39. : <INPUT
    size=25><BR>15. : <INPUT size=25> 40. : <INPUT size=25><BR>16. : <INPUT size=25>
    41. : <INPUT size=25><BR>17. : <INPUT size=25> 42. : <INPUT size=25><BR>18. :
    <INPUT size=25> 43. : <INPUT size=25><BR>19. : <INPUT size=25> 44. : <INPUT
    size=25><BR>20. : <INPUT size=25> 45. : <INPUT size=25><BR>21. : <INPUT size=25>
    46. : <INPUT size=25><BR>22. : <INPUT size=25> 47. : <INPUT size=25><BR>23. :
    <INPUT size=25> 48. : <INPUT size=25><BR>24. : <INPUT size=25> 49. : <INPUT
    size=25><BR>25. : <INPUT size=25> 50. : <INPUT size=25><BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<INPUT type="submit" value=IPASA>
    </form>......