Advanced Search

Thread: Updating MS Access Data Base

Thanks

Default Updating MS Access Data Base

I have inherited a web site that has a MS Access database for members to signup, the database is quite simple. I am wondering if there is a way "using html forms to post additions to the MS Access database. Some of the fields of the Db table are, f_name, l_name, e_Mail, addr, city, state, zip, etc., etc.. The name of the DB is mem_reg. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Are you looking for a way to update the content which is stored in the database/table(s) or a way using which you want to change the structure of the table based on the inputs from the user over web?

You can update the content of a table in a MS Access database using some server-side scripting.

But if you want to change the structure of table(s) based on the inputs of users through web it is possible but i don't think it is an efficient way of doing it.

Thanks

I am looking for a way to update the content of the Table.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks

It is possible through any servr side scripting tool that allows the communication with an MS Access database. Here is a good tutorial that covers the database operations via ASP.

Hope you can do whatever operation you want after covering the above mentioned tutorial.