Advanced Search

Thread: validation - email

Thanks

Default validation - email

Hi looking for a code that when a customer types in a product code..a item description appears

for example if a customer types in SP1001..then it states a red football
    if a customer types in sp1002 it states a blue football and so on.

this form should also be able to be emailed to me..

thanks guys

Thanks

I think using a combination of JavaScript and your server-side scripting language you would be able to achieve your task. Though it is not clear where exactly you need to display the item description. I assume that whenever the user enter the item code in the designated text box it will show the corresponding item description in a text box which is read only (if it is necessary), this part can be tackled using JavaScript. About the emailing part i don't think emailing a form using JavaScript is possible so you can use any of the server-side scripting tool like ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, etc.

Thanks

I'd think it sounds like a database issue, in which case you'd need a server side language. If you want to hard code all the relationships/codes into your script, then javascript could work as well.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum