Thread: Back, Forward, Refresh buttons and bookmarking

Thanks

Question Back, Forward, Refresh buttons and bookmarking

1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...jaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I finally got the Javascript code to work correctly on the web site I am working on. I now noticed that the Back, Forward and Refresh buttons on the browser as well as bookmarking/saving as favorite no longer work with this Javascript function. Is there a way to fix or correct these issues with the Dynamic Ajax Content coding?

Thanks

Back, forward, refresh, etc. do the page, not the settings of the script.
    If you go to the last PAGE, you will go back not to the last ajax setting within the script, but the last actual different file.

I'm not sure how to get around this. I would think it not possible due to security reasons, but somehow gmail which uses ajax is able to control this, including even, for example, the backspace key and does stuff based on that, like going back to the previously loaded item through ajax, not the last file/document.

This is a pretty complex issue.

In short, it might be possible to add this, but it isn't intended to work like that with the script as is.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum