Thread: HV Menu with Shockwave problem

Thanks

Default HV Menu with Shockwave problem

Hope someone can help.

I have been using the HV Menu for some time now, but what I want to do is add a shockwave banner to my site. The trouble is however, that when I add the shockwave file, when the page is displayed the HV Menu dissappears beneath the shockwave banner.

Eg. My HV Menu is along the top of my site's page. The banner is positioned directly underneath the HV Menu. The top menu bar is displayed but the drop down sub menu's are hidden behind the shockwave video.

The same thing happens with other javascripts, eg I use a javascript scroller/news ticker and I have to make sure my menu's don't drop to where the ticker is positioned, otherwise it dissappears behind it aswell.

I hope somebody can understand what I mean.

I have created a testpage at www.rhylfans.co.uk/testpage.html. As you can see the sub menu's are hidden behind the shockwave video.

I hope someone can find an answer as I would like to use shockwave/flash etc on my site without having to change the layout of my pages etc.
    Last edited by Sossy; 01-30-2005 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks

Sorry, but there's no way around this problem - it's a common trouble with scripts.

Flash/Shockwave are not like normal images, and they will always be on the top of the webpage.

cr3ative
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Cr3ative.

Hmmm, Damn shame that is. Can you recommend another menu I might be able to use to achieve a similar effect to the one I already have (eg. Horizontal menu bar with drop down sub menus etc), but won't be hidden behind shockwave or flash player movies

Like I have on my site now - www.rhylfans.co.uk

Thanks

AFAIK, all menus will be under flash/shockwave movies.

cr3ative
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies