Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Submission Form.

Thanks

Default Submission Form.

Can anyone write me a simple form that allows users to submit their email then click submit which would automatically send it to my email address.

its for my website and newsletter. this would be greatly appreciated.

or even point me in the direction of one.

thanks.

Thanks

well there are plenty of form mail scripts out there, and a ton of them are free. It is not done using plain HTML or Javascript for that matter, but a server side scripting language. Also, there are a few free hosted ones that I have seen for this if your server does not support certain server side languages. Just do a google search for a free form mailer, or look at hotscripts.com. Also, if your server supports PHP, have a look at a few of the threads in this forum. They have a few that talk about form mail scripts. Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Yo experience66!

I was looking to learn how to do this a whille back and found all the answers when I contacted my hosting provider.

If they have good support you may be suprised how much you can find searching FAQ. I found what I was looking for under the heading, Sending Email from a Website.

Check out the form I made at www.dc5b.com/portfolio/contact.asp
    It uses ASP and JMail but not all servers will support this.

good luck

dog

Thanks

Look in this thread: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15010
    In the middle you will find both codes for the contact.html and contact.php page. Just copy, past and adapt.

Also look in this forum under PHP, and you will find lots of discussions about it.

Thanks

Thumbs up Karma in Action

Quote Originally Posted by chechu View Post
    Look in this thread: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15010
    In the middle you will find both codes for the contact.html and contact.php page. Just copy, past and adapt.
    Chechu,

I just took a look at the thread you pointed to above.

It's perfect for answering all of the initial questions that I logged on to ask!!

I wouldn't have come across it if I hadn't taken a look through the HTML Forum first to see if there was anything I could help with.

It just goes to show what goes around comes around.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Before asking stuff, take a look in the forum and read threads thorougly. Some of the subjects may not be what you need, but in the thread you might find something usefull. Every day I pass half an hour looking at new comments and threads. There's always something you can learn.

And sometimes you will experience that great sensation that you can actually help someone in solving his problem, allthough you're a newbie yourself.

Indeed; what goes around comes around ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog View Post
    Yo experience66!

I was looking to learn how to do this a whille back and found all the answers when I contacted my hosting provider.

If they have good support you may be suprised how much you can find searching FAQ. I found what I was looking for under the heading, Sending Email from a Website.

Check out the form I made at www.dc5b.com/portfolio/contact.asp
    It uses ASP and JMail but not all servers will support this.

good luck

dog
    How did you create that form? Is their any source code that i could use?

Thanks

Wink

How did you create that form? Is their any source code that i could use?
    The form is an HTML form styled with CSS.

The backend is done with ASP and JMail.

You're welcome to any code that you like.

Let me know what you're interested in and I'll put it on display here.

Thanks

I guess I am just really interested (not to sound like a retard tha can't do anything) in the whole thing. I probbably will only end up using a fraction of if but, your form is probably the cleanest i have ever seen... Good job!

Thanks

Arrow An Example of a Clean Form Style

I guess I am just really interested (not to sound like a retard tha can't do anything) in the whole thing. I probbably will only end up using a fraction of if but, your form is probably the cleanest i have ever seen... Good job!
    GT,

So I take it you're interested in the styling of the form more than the back end.

I'll get a simplified version of the HTML and CSS files and post the code for you.

Hold tight.