Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow doesn't work with IE7

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-in slideshow doesn't work with IE7

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

Just a quick general question for which I apologize if an answer is already posted elsewhere (I couldn't find an answer in my searches): Does IE7 not support this script at all, or is there a fix to make it compatible w/ IE7?

Thanks for any info.

Thanks

The script works in IE 7 without any problem. What is the exact problem you are facing while trying to run this script.

Thanks

Hrmm. A client reported that some users w/ IE7 couldn't load the script. I don't have IE7 and haven't had a chance to test yet. I thought it was just one of IE7's many bugs and thought I would just ask here first. I should've looked into it first. So, as long as you say the script is still fine w/ IE7 then it must be something not script related which I can (try to) figure out. Thanks!

Thanks

I use this slideshow in a page, and I've tested it with IE7 and its fine. Is your client's IE7 blocking the javascript? and they just didn't notice?

Thanks

Default IE7 doesn' work

I've to agree: The Ulimate FadeIn Slideshow doesn't work with IE7 ...

test: http://www.fieg.co.at

The slideshow is used on different pages, with different pics. The script (Function "fadeshow") will be called with different pic-arrays ...
    and works fine with IE 6, firefox, opera - but NOT with IE7 (other Javascripts works correctly with IE7!!)

Errormessage: 'Undefined' is NULL or no Object', I can't locate the ErrorLine ;-(

I've no idea, how to resolve the problem ...
    Thanks for hints/help
    Last edited by maxion; 03-26-2007 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maxion View Post
    I've to agree: The Ulimate FadeIn Slideshow doesn't work with IE7 ...

test: http://www.fieg.co.at

The slideshow is used on different pages, with different pics. The script (Function "fadeshow") will be called with different pic-arrays ...
    and works fine with IE 6, firefox, opera - but NOT with IE7 (other Javascripts works correctly with IE7!!)

Errormessage: 'Undefined' is NULL or no Object', I can't locate the ErrorLine ;-(

I've no idea, how to resolve the problem ...
    Thanks for hints/help
    You are not using the official release version of the script and:

Your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms, which, among other things, state that the script credit must appear in the source code of the page(s) using the script. Please reinstate the notice first.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms,...
    oops, in fact I didn't read the usage terms exactly - credit notice is placed on EACH page now

You are not using the official release version of the script
    I replaced the orginial version...
    the only difference is, that
    var fadeimages is defined in the 'CDATA-Section' on each page (pic-array changes for each project ...)

The Errormessage in IE7 is
    (Line 99) 'undefined' is NULL or no Object
    I can't get rid of this error ;-(

I hope for help, because I w'd like to use this cool script for my databased pics ...
    thx, marion
    Last edited by maxion; 03-26-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OK, well and thanks for reinstating the notice, I'm no longer getting any error. However, the error line number and description you report seems to indicate that the array of images may have a minor problem with it and/or there may be a link tag enclosing the slide show. The first problem would be something that makes IE think that there is at least one additional yet not fully defined and/or a fully undefined array entry in the array. This is hard but not impossible to do with the template array format but, if you were to use a different array format, it becomes easier to give IE this impression. The second problem arises when you have something like this:

Code:
    <a href="whatever.htm">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //new fadeshow(theimages, fadewidth, fadeheight, borderwidth, delay, pause(stop show), displayorder)
    new fadeshow(fadeimages,260,156,0,2500,1,"R");
    </script>
    </a>
    If I have misunderstood and the page you linked to in your post also has no error for you in IE 7, then I would need a link to a page that does show the error. But, if the link you gave is where you are getting the error, it may have to do with your browser settings and/or possibly have something to do with Vista, if you are using Vista.

You also may just need to clear your cache and refresh the page.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I'm confused ... I always get errors:
    http://www.fieg.co.at/index.php
    http://www.fieg.co.at/gdetail.php?projnr=GA006

Clearing Cache, Reloading, Restarting, IE-Security low/middle,
    hard-coded pic-array directly in js-script ...
    no affect, I can't get rid of error

Environment: WinXP SP2, IE 7.05730.11

slideshow has no <a> tag

I'm really interested, but without any idea

g, marion
    Last edited by maxion; 03-26-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Do you have a third party firewall?
    - John