Thread: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow - Disabling preloading

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-in slideshow - Disabling preloading

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Want to disable image preloading

Hi, I would like to disable the image preloading in the script. I have a TON of images that this script cycles through, and when it loads it stalls the entire page from loading. So i'd like to disable the preloading so the page loads quickly. I am hoping that the images will load as the script does its thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

They won't on a live installation, at least not the first time through if they aren't already cached by the browser.

What you could do is disable the preload in the script (which, if I recall correctly preloads as part of the page load) and substitute an onload preload. This would still look crappy at first but, you could still preload the first 5 or so images in the old manner. Unless you are using the random method, that might throw a glitch into things. I believe DD came up with a solution for this problem that preloads as it goes along:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7203
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Bingo! Thanks so much for the reference. Everything is perfect now