Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iFrame button replace

Thanks

John,

Unfortunately, this doesn't work the way I'd like - it simply opens up the displayed page and takes over the entire screen.

Now that I look at the button idea, I'd rather have the actual URL of the displayed page appear at the bottom of each page. That way the user can select and send to a friend, or save to Favorites.

Review this page for example: http://www.kabubble.com/pingxit_test1.htm

Thanks

John,

Unfortunately, this doesn't work the way I'd like - it simply opens up the displayed page and takes over the entire screen.

Now that I look at the button idea, I'd rather have the actual URL of the displayed page appear at the bottom of each page. That way the user can select and send to a friend, or save to Favorites.

Review this page for example: http://www.kabubble.com/pingxit_test1.htm

Thanks

Default thanks

thanks for solution, if found them rather ugly (the standard borders)

Thanks

can the border styling be combined with another css? b'cause i tried it on nvu (with another css) showed nothing

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

userkef1992 - All css style may be 'combined' or even written inline with its element. CSS means cascading style sheet. The styles cascade. This means that one style can be contradicted and thereby overridden by a later style on the page. Certain selectors though will persist even if apparently contradicted. Generally, the more specific and nested a selector is, the more precedence it will take. Other than that, if your syntax is correct, all styles may be combined.

Did you make sure to first set the attribute:

frameborder="0"

in the iframeprops section of the script? This only matters in IE as far as I know but, most people use that. The demo I am linking to below uses the exact style I posted earlier as regards this.

rysmith - I've been working on an update to the script that you might like. It has some nice features. It can now reload the iframe without reloading the page and if the loaded content is from the same domain and has a title, it will change a link on the page to that title and href. Opening in a new window might be to your liking for these links and/or buttons, easy enough to do. Here's a demo, not pretty but - the final layout is up to you:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...dom_iframe.htm
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

John,

This looks encouraging. I'll look forward to reviewing the final version.

Here is a summary of what I'd like to add to the "Pingxit" site:
    1. A way to select the page URL and a) Email to a friend or b) Save to Favorites. Currently, I can't find the URL of the viewed page.
    2. I would like to be able to back up. Currently, the back arrow just reloads a new page.
    3. Code to prevent re-selection of previously selected page for (5) cycles.
    4. Solve problem of some sites that that won't load in the table - they take over the entire page. Examples are NY Times and NPR (previously mentioned).

I'd appreciate any input you can provide on these problems.

Thanks, Ry

Thanks

Here is the latest model of the site: http://www.kabubble.com/pingxit.htm

Thanks

[QUOTE=mr proffesur[/QUOTE]

tnx for help (i think so) didnt remermbered your name sorry for the bad name