Advanced Search

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Drop Down Menu & Fading Scroller fail under IE but work with Mozilla.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation Drop Down Menu & Fading Scroller fail under IE but work with Mozilla.

    I am attempting to use two DD scripts in a webpage (in the following order):
    AnyLink Drop Down Menu
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm
    and the
    Fading scroller
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...fadescroll.htm.

    They work perfectly within the same page when using Mozilla or Firefox 1.0 or Netscape 7.2, but when I use IE 6.1 or Opera 7.54, only the Fading Scroller functions properly. The Drop Down Menu links are still visible of course and functional, but don't don't drop down when I move the mouse over them. If I remove the Fading Scroller code, the menu functions properly again in IE and Opera.

    I have tested this several times with simple test pages including both or only one script and this behavior is reproducible.

    Any help would be appreciated as these are both great scripts that I would like to use.
    Jon Bruno
    chaoslemur@yahoo.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Drop Down Menu & Fading Scroller fail under IE but work with Mozilla.

    I am also having the same problem. These are two great scripts and I would love to get them working together properly. If anyone can offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated

    Aaron Brown
    abrown@ctechservices.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Drop Down Menu & Fading Scroller fail under IE but work with Mozilla.

    Hello,

    I was able to correct this problem by adding an _fd to all of the variables and functions in the fading scroller script. Apparently, there was some type of repeated variable or function in the two scripts that was causing a conflict when they were used in coordination with each other. I haven't taken the time to determine exactly which variable or function was causing the conflict, but simply renaming all of them in the fading scroller script will fix the problem (tedious as this is).

    Thanks,
    Aaron Brown
    abrown@ctechservices.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •