Thread: HTML / CSS Redirect Code

Thanks

Default HTML / CSS Redirect Code

I was wondering if there is a way to redirect a page but putting on the first page a logding gif bar and text and after 2 or 3 seconds to redirect automaticaly to the second page

sorry i found the code it is a simple meta tag and all you have to do is center the loader bar and text

code is put in between <head> </head> tags

<meta
    http-equiv="refresh" content="1; url=temp.html">

Thanks

Sure. The meta tag will do fine.

Then, do whatever you want in the body of your page.

So... put a loading bar there.

You could use a gif, but with a 1-2sec redirect, the load time of the gif (on dialup especially), if might not even show up, or perhaps just not finish "loading".

Generally, about 3-5 seconds is a good time for a redirect (check it out on other sites), so that your visitors have a moment to adjust to the new page, then to the new new page... or it's a bit jarring.

A javascript option would be a bit complex. But... possible.

Anyway, just use that meta tag.

Then display a "loading bar."

Now, note that this all assumes it's a FAKE loading bar. If it is actually doing something, then it gets more complex. You should redirect with javascript (most likely) once the action is complete. This depends on what you are loading, how, and other things.

Also, there are some loading bar scripts on DD, but I wouldn't know if they fit your purpose or not.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

no no you got me wrong the loading bar is just there to cinfuse the people and make them think that its flash thats why the loading bar is there its all the one site and the redirect code is to serve as an automatic enter button if you will

thats all