"Bucky Teeth".

AAMeasured in nanners, these tiny
    tubes are about 1/1000th the
    thickness of a human hair.

AAIf you have trouble believing in
    his nanner tubes, don't even ask
    about his Bucky Balls.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nanner tubes? Lol. Are you hammered btw John?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it and no, I was not PUI (posting under the influence). Something folks in the forum here might not know about me as - I haven't shown that side too much here is that, occasionally, I just get hit with these screwy ideas. It usually happens at an odd time. In this case I was just waking up and it came to me. Over the course of a few hours during which I had the Google search on banana images up in a tab, I would occasionally have a look at one of the many pages returned. These banana stands struck me as particularly amusing as, anyone who eats bananas regularly should know that the bananas, as they ripen, would tend to fall off in much the same way they would from the tree. The thing looks like an idea to organize the kitchen but, is really just a mess waiting to happen. The more I thought about the whole thing, the funnier it seemed. Bananas (which are a sort of tube after all) are funny to begin with, as are these stands and the whole "Bucky" mystique surrounding the esteemed Mr. Fuller. Even nanotubes and especially buckyballs are a bit amusing in a way. I know one is not supposed to laugh at one's own joke but, since this just came to me from a sound sleep, I couldn't help myself.

The recent posts on music and movies made me think that this would be OK too, a little humor. Especially as the joke, in this case seemed to lend itself so well to a web presentation.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Heh. Very interesting. I'm not a regular banana-eater, I must say. A glimpse into the mind of John?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!