Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistance with the BLM MultiLevel Effect Menu

Thanks

Default Assistance with the BLM MultiLevel Effect Menu

Hi - I am using the GREAT BLM MultiLevel Effect Menu (found at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm). I have studied the instructions and customized the colors and some other stuff. This is REALLY a powerful and great script. Thanks again for posting it.

My question is this. How can it be stretched to reach each side of a table edge. You can see my example and question in action at http://www.living4adventure.com

On the far right side of the menu, I can not figure out how to get the table to stretch flush to the right side. I have adjusted the options in the css file, but if I go up 1 more size wise - it stretched the entire menu to 2 rows. I am unable to make the rectangle 1/2 sizes bigger, so I am stumped.

if requested I will upload the current css file from where I am using this script and one of the pages so you can see the code.

Brady Mulhollem is the author of this scropt and if he is out there I would welcome the assistance! thanks so much.

THANKS!

Thanks

What browser? It looks fine in Opera 9.

Thanks

hey Brady - thanks for posting back and for such a great script.
    Here is where I am at:
    1) Today I made a small change in the css file that made it look better in Firefox (but not fixed). Basically I changed one line (the bold one below):
    .horizontal ul li a{
    display: block;
    width: 87px;
    text-decoration: none;
    height: 1.5em;
    */padding: .1em 1px;*/
    overflow: hidden;
    border: 1px solid;
    border-left: none;

2) This kind of fixed things in Firefox horizontally (not vertically. In Firefox but "left to right" it now fits in the table but added now the table it is in is to tall), but THIS DID NOT fix the issues in IE6 or IE7, which is what the majority of people use

3) In IE6 and IE7 there is a space to the far right, next to the contact us box and no matter what I do it will not line up and fill the table fully from left to right. If i change the width to 88, then the entire menu wraps down to a second line and the contact us box moves to the second line below the home button.

what do you think i should do?

thanks!

Thanks

Well, I am not quite sure, so these will be mostly guesses(I designed the script to work well in a CSS layout, as that is what I use.)

First, Which version of the script are you using? 1.1 from my site, or 1.0 on DD. It appears you have a mix of the two(I don't think this will cause the problem, but will help me diagnose it)

Second,Try applying negative margins to the container div(div.horizontal)

Thanks

I think to make this easier I can email you the css file and one of the pages (they are all basically the same template layout) so you can see your code firsthand in action and how the code will not stretch in the table.

Again, any help from you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

I will email you the 2 files now

Thanks

The file don't really help me much. Opera 9's reload from cache works much faster! So a solution only tested in Opera....
    add this to the CSS
    Code:
    .mlmenujs li{
    margin-bottom: -20px;
    }
    .mlmenujs li li{
    margin-bottom: -1px;
    }

Thanks

where do i put that - anywhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blm126
    The file don't really help me much. Opera 9's reload from cache works much faster! So a solution only tested in Opera....
    add this to the CSS
    Code:
    .mlmenujs li{
    margin-bottom: -20px;
    }
    .mlmenujs li li{
    margin-bottom: -1px;
    }
    ok that worked and it did not work.
    1) When I put that code in the css file it squeezed every thing so much i lost the lines in your code between each drop down box
    2) It also put the navigation boxontop of the other table below it.

wow i am a little lost here.

Thanks

Is the CSS file on your site still modifed(with twhat you posted in the first post)?If so remove it. I want to see what happens.

Thanks

OK I made the change back to the original code, which is this:
    .horizontal ul li a{
    display: block;
    width: 87px;
    text-decoration: none;
    height: 1.5em;
    padding: .1em 1px;
    overflow: hidden;
    border: 1px solid;
    border-left: none;

Now in FireFox you will see that the navigation menu has wrapped around and the last button is now under the first. In IE6 and IE7 there is not much different.

?? now what