View Poll Results: What if your favorite browser?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer 6

1 10.00%
  • Internet Explorer 7

1 10.00%
  • FireFox

6 60.00%
  • Opera

1 10.00%
  • Mozilla

0 0%
  • Safari (Mac)

0 0%
  • Other

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite browser?

Thanks

Default What's your favorite browser?

Hey,

What is your favorite browser?

For me it's FireFox
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Personally i use FireFox

But while developing site i use to test them using the following browsers.

Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    FireFox
    Netscape Navigator
    Opera

I think we can't avoid using MS IE as it is still one of the popular browser.

Thanks

I think we can't avoid using MS IE as it is still one of the popular browser.
    ..that really sucks when coming to browser standards.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

But as a developer what we people can do about it. I am fully agree with you. Multiple standards is a problem for everybody .

Thanks

FF here.
    I use FF frequently, Safari some, and IE when I must.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Nice

Thanks

haha, wow thats kinda funny, i vote FF, and so did 100% of other ppl, IE6 is ****, IE7 is ok but stopped workin for me a while back, Flock, one not mentioned is pretty good, developed by some ex-mozilla employees, Netscape is just EW, Opera never used it, and Safari never had enough contact with an Apple to know, but doing technical support for Road Runner, I have never had a call where Safari was the problem, IE and even FF users have called and something even as simple as clearing out the cache would fix it, no big deal, but still

PS. only time ive ever seen "Mozilla" is on an Apple, it's pretty much the Mac OS version of FF right????

jeez i keep thinkin of stuff after i post lol, sisnce we're on the subjects of browsers, how to you change the default browser COMPLETELY to use only FF for example, cause i have IE and FF, just incase FF doesnt work with something, but things like MSN still open IE when checking mail and yes i did manually tell FF to check if it was default.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the-disturbed
    PS. only time ive ever seen "Mozilla" is on an Apple, it's pretty much the Mac OS version of FF right????
    No. Mozilla was the forerunner to Firefox (Fx). It was a browser, mail and newsgroup client, and featured IRC. Aside from the former, these were optional components. Firefox is obviously a streamlined product, with Thunderbird taking over some of the other features.

Mozilla was discontinued with version 1.8, as I recall. That was sometime last year.

how to you change the default browser COMPLETELY to use only FF for example, cause i have IE and FF, just incase FF doesnt work with something, but things like MSN still open IE ...
    Some things will always run particular software. Microsoft products are especially fond of other Microsoft products. Big surprise.

Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Mozilla suite has been discontinued, but the Mozilla Foundation are pushing SeaMonkey as its replacement, and it's based on the old Mozilla code. They've essentially just renamed it, from what I can tell.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

"Mozilla firefox".... I always thought that was the full name of the browser.
    Learn something everyday, I guess.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum