Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 13th

Thanks

Talking Friday 13th

They call it Triskaidekaphobia - Tell me are you afraid of Friday the 13th. I know some people wont even go out on this day. Tell me what happened to you on the 13th of Friday.

Would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love the 13th. In fact it is because of the things surrounding the date that I have released the fourth installment of my online real world scavenger hunt game on this day. In about 6 hours iInvasion IV will begin and the teams will all be solving riddles to find the ending spot first!

The past three have been quite fun and with target locations in New York and London graves and haunted castles, as well as scary crap from Austrailia, when I saw Oct 13th was a Friday I couldn't wait to start the new game then!
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 992 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anyone actually have something atypically bad happen to them on Friday 13th? Hopefully the closest I'll get this year is watching the movie Grudge 2. The first one was awful, but gotta keep up with the tradition of a horror movie fright night.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I loved the original! It wasn't much good as a horror, but I couldn't help but laugh quite a bit.

No, I've never had anything particularly bad happen to me on Friday the 13th. I treat it as I do all superstition: be a bit wary just in case there is something in it, but if I have to go out, oh well.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

The original was fun.

I have proof that friday the 13th is awful. Or something.
    I was unaware of that until one of my friends, though dazed and in a bathrobe, informed me a few moments ago.
    Why?
    ...I was asleep. I had gone to bed quite late since I don't have a class until 1:10pm, so I thought I could sleep in.
    I woke up early, however... and... something was bugging me.
    I realized there was a high pitched noise.... so I put my pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep.
    But it was so loud and high pitched, the pillow did nothing.
    Then I was a bit more awake, and decided to turn the alarm clock off. I wasn't surprised when that didn't do much, 'cause I hadn't set it for this early.
    Then I was about to get up to check the other various electronic things in the room when I noticed a large group of people outside.
    I put two and two together and realized it was a fire alarm. Worst. Alarm. Ever.
    It was really just a single pitched incredibly loud screaching.... ow. My ears still hurt.
    ...now I'm up.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Owch. There wasn't actually a fire, then?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin
    Anyone actually have something atypically bad happen to them on Friday 13th?
    Burnt myself with a glue gun once. That was fun...

Quote Originally Posted by djr33
    I put two and two together and realized it was a fire alarm. Worst. Alarm. Ever.
    I've had those. Two in the morning, middle of winter, lots of rain. Not on Friday 13th, though.

Mike

Thanks

Friday the 13th is were the sales come in my country

(Just bought a Olympus Camera u810 All Weather for $470AU instead of $600AU!)
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 992 Posts
    Blog Entries

The problem with "The Grudge" is that it gets old very quickly. The classic haunted house "boo" effect. If you haven't seen "The Grudge 1", I'm sure you'll find "Grudge II" interesting, even scary. But after watching the first one, I'm already desensitized to those stick figure ghosts. In fact, it was after watching The Ring that those types of ghosts no longer do much for me. But boy did The Ring scared me to bits whenever I went to bed the first few nights, imagining that freaky girl crawling out of the TV set.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

13 is my lucky number, not that I'm superstitious or anything like that.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate