Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RSS Ticker Help Initializing ticker....

Thanks

Default RSS Ticker Help Initializing ticker....

1) Script Title: Advanced RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation)

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ajax/index.htm

3) Describe problem: i am running windows server and using iis 6.0 and i have enables read write to the cache folder anyone have any idea why this wont load? its stuck on "Initializing ticker....."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Do you have an online example of the problem? I gather the server that's hosting the php files of this script (ie: lastrss.php) are properly configured to run PHP scripts?

Thanks

example? here is the url http://www.noobage.com/test/demo.htm
    i am running windows server and using iis, i installed it just like it says but it will not initialize. im not sure what ajax is, is that something that needs to be enabled on my server you think?

Thanks

The server appears to support PHP.

Thanks

so any idea whay its stuck on initializing ticker....? the server supports php i am using phpbb with no problem..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well the URL http://www.noobage.com/test/lastrss/bridge.php?id=CNN doesn't load, which tells me something is wrong at the first stage, which is bridge.php trying to retrieve your RSS file for "CNN." You need to find out why the URL just stalls.

Thanks

this is the demo file script that is exactly the same as the demo on the DD page where i got the script. i am using microsoft server with iis 6.0. my guess is that the problem is on the server end, is ajax something that needs to be intalled or enabled? or is it automatic when php refrences it? its the only thing i can think of.

Thanks

No, AJAX is client side. The problem lies in the PHP script. What version of PHP are you using? Are you in safe mode? To get this information create a file named info.php. Inside it put
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Save this on your server somewhere and give us the link.

Thanks

Thanks

On first glance, php seems to be configured correctly. Not sure what's going on.

By the way, AJAX is a fancy name for using javascript to load pages/files in the background. You can use "AJAX" to load some outside html into a div, for example. It's pretty complex, and that's likely all you need to know for now. It's interesting, though.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum