Thread: want a script to trace the ads

Thanks

Arrow want a script to trace the ads

1) Script Title:

2) Script URL (on DD):

3) Describe problem:
    I have a website and has placed the ad of some company. I am in search of a script where when the member clicks on the ad(on any page) i should come to know the date, time and which registered member has clicked on the ad.

or can anyone give me some idea that how can it be made coz the date and time is not difficult but how to get the name of registered member

can anyone help me....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

I gather you're looking for a free ads tracking script. The best one I know is Phpadsnew, which requires that your server supports PHP.

Thanks

does this system will give me the detail statistics

actually i am running a forum and i have placed ads of google and other companies i would like to know the details like when the ads where clicked and which registered member has clicked the ads

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh yes Phpadsnew will provide a lot of detailed stats on your banners, from impressions to clicks. It won't, however, tell you which member clicked on which ad- it can't, as it's a separate product from your forums, and the two can't communicate with one another that closely. I doubt you'll find a premade ad script that does this- you'll have to do some coding yourself for that particular feature.

Thanks

If you know anything about php, that could be really easy.
    All you'd need is to add to the link the ads point to ...?member=name
    and you can do that with php, by getting the membername from session variables or cookies, or however your forum stores it.
    Once you have that value as part of the url it's going to, just track it using the $_GET['member'] variable and add it to the rest of the script.
    It depends how the script tracks the ads, though.... might be a bit more complex depending on method.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

can you please suggest me any of your friend who can do this coding for me, as i am not that big but i can pay a small amount of 7 $ - 9 $